Players that we saw too little of

Superior Acuña

I was thinking about how much I enjoyed Duncan Ferguson at Newcastle. Few people would associate him with our club, he made just 30 league appearances in a season and a half here. But I'd loved having him in the team, his mad edge and the way he linked up with Shearer. I know he was happy to leave back to Everton but I'd have loved to see him here longer.

Other obvious ones are Jonathan Woodgate, 28 appearances in a season and a half, and Didi Hamann 23 appearances in one season.

Distin could be another to a lesser extent.

Others? I'm thinking players who made less than ~a season's worth of appearances.

(Perhaps there's another thread on this, I didn't see, feel free to merge)

Merino and then the obvious Ben Arfa.

I'd also add Ginola to that list

Edit obv more than a seasons games but still far too few

Ben Arfa and Ginola played more than a seasons worth of appearances ( if that's what we are using?).

Viduka. Proper classy player, shame we got him when he was over the hill & knackered. That end of season run under KK he was unplayable.

Good call, loved him as a player, he had something special - even at that stage. 38 appearances in two seasons.

Merino and then the obvious Ben Arfa.

I'd also add Ginola to that list

Edit obv more than a seasons games but still far too few

Ben Arfa and Ginola played more than a seasons worth of appearances ( if that's what we are using?).

Use whatever you like I suppose. I agree we didn't see Ginola or Les Ferdinand (or Demba Ba similarly) enough, but having gotten a lot of them over 2 seasons where they contributed a lot and really left their mark, I'd think of them a bit differently.