Do you plan to return to St. James Park when allowed?

astraguy

Do you plan to return to SJP when allowed?   

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to return to SJP when allowed?

• Yes
    • No

What are the results on that Twitter poll?

Would rather be in lockdown for a further 3 months than endure 90 minutes of Bruceball in person.

The fan groups should be all getting together and trying to drive a boycott of the Sheff U match. As others have said, it would be incredible if we never sold all of the 10k tickets. Who would even want to go and sit in a 40k empty seat SJP and watch us man? Fucking hell, it would be awful.

Would rather be in lockdown for a further 3 months than endure 90 minutes of Bruceball in person.

The fan groups should be all getting together and trying to drive a boycott of the Sheff U match. As others have said, it would be incredible if we never sold all of the 10k tickets. Who would even want to go and sit in a 40k empty seat SJP and watch us man? Fucking hell, it would be awful.

90 minutes of shouting abuse at Bruce and booing Hendrick and Shelvey would be brilliant like. Like fuck am I paying Ashley to do that though. :lol:

There'll be the full 10,000 there for the Sheffield United game, I've no doubt about that.

Absolutely nailed on. Tragic fanbase.

Will there be 10,000 if we are already down? Hope so as Cabbageheed will surely kop it.

There'll be the full 10,000 there for the Sheffield United game, I've no doubt about that.

But no, obviously not. The day I return will be an incredible one, but it probably won't be any time soon.

Attendances have only ever stooped below 10,000 in the late 70s. Not even under McKeag or when Ardiles was manager has that ever happened.

Aye but the context is immeasurably different. 50,000 seats voluntarily not being sat on would never be realistic pre-pandemic. But with the current context it's almost like it could happen. But still won't.

Top and bottom of it is at least 10,000 Newcastle fans have always gone to the game no matter what. Only way the club wouldn't sell the seats is if they give the option to ST holders to go and they fuck it off. Won't happen though.

90 minutes of shouting abuse at Bruce and booing Hendrick and Shelvey would be brilliant like. Like fuck am I paying Ashley to do that though. :lol:

That does sound enticing mind!

Although the face painted sheep in the ground will probably be telling you to shush and get behind the team.

The tragedy is of course for the next generation. A whole decade lost. And the impact on the city also.

I haven't been to SJP since 2017, and if it was just me I wouldn't be that bothered but I have a now four year old son who was born in Newcastle and the clock is ticking to get Ashley out.

10,000 seats would sell within about 30 minutes.

Had this conversation on another thread but I doubt we’d ever get the attendance below 30k on a regular basis.

I don’t even know if that’s any different to other clubs tbh. Would Man Utd ever drop below 40,000? Would Chelsea ever drop below 20,000? Even clubs like Southampton, Leicester and Leeds have all had periods in the Championship and League One under shit ownership and retained a decent attendance.

With the amount of tickets available for hospitality, free student giveaways, the ‘hardcore’ bunch that wouldn’t leave even if Ashley killed their granny with Covid... empty stadiums are near on impossible.

100% no. I called it a day on going to the match as soon as it was announced that Bruce was getting the job. I knew exactly how it would turn out, performances and results and it wasn't something that I wanted to waste my time on.

I’d love to go back as i have missed live football and the day out from here in Scotland  but I won’t go until Ashley has gone. This season is the final nail.

My last game was the mighty man city win under Rafa, vowed I'd go as much as possible if he was still here. Once he left I've seen about 3 games on tv even if a top manager  came in under Ashley i wouldn't trust the twat

Edited by astraguy

45 minutes ago, astraguy said:

My last game was the mighty man city win under Rafa, vowed I'd go as much as possible if he was still here. Once he left I've seen about 3 games on tv even if a top manager  came in under Ashley i wouldn't trust the twat

You be ok anyway as no top manager would touch us with a barge pole under Ashley. We would struggle to even get a below average manager nowadays.

I’m desperate to go back to football games, but it won’t be NUFC matches.

Either go non-league or go to some Scottish or Leeds games if we go down. If we get relegated I’ll feel OK attending other PL games.  

If I’m still in London I’ll go to Bromley and maybe the odd Spurs game. Might try Palace although their ground is a shit tip. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo