Do you plan to return to St. James Park when allowed?

astraguy

Do you plan to return to SJP when allowed?   

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to return to SJP when allowed?

• Yes
    • No

The most effective protests v Ashley have been the smaller scale ones and though unpopular for some reason - ‘the shop shout ones’ Sports Direct is his baby and he doesn’t give a fuck about stadium stuff as long as he sees the colour of your money. He’s reacted to stuff in person elsewhere such as the restaurant, parliament and the ‘my door’ comments after the partial spurs boycott. I’d argue the fact that arsenal one went ahead had some resonance as it had a say on the freebies then handed out. Problem is most folk, even if they agree want a one and done expression of anger to kickstart a reaction. ‘My walk in late happened and he’s still here. Might as well go (£££)’ - doesn’t work like that and none less so than with a character like Ashley.

I sometimes think it would be better to just go to games, try to enjoy them and forget about the bigger picture. Not always sure what the point is in torturing ourselves.

When I try to explain our situation to people down here I seem like a mad person. For them it sits firmly in the ‘always support your team’ bracket, and they don’t understand at all why people don’t want to go. 

10 hours ago, jonbobson said:

I guess modern day NUFC "supporters" just don't have the fight that was there in the 80's/early 90's. We have two main groups, those that spout all this "support the team not the regime" shite, and the others that call them "F**ng **nts" for going to the games.

People still went to the games, and gates did drop, but the atmosphere was still there, the board, as it was then, certainly didn't get any easy ride. 

People talk about a boycott being the only way to force Ashley out, but when has this happened before in England? especially in the Premier League. 

As you say, not the premier league, but Blackpool recently? Gates went down to probably sub 1000.