New forum stuff. THERE ARE FAQs IN THE OP.

14 minutes ago, Troll said:

I used to be able to click a quoted post and get taken to the original post.  Can that be turned back on?

I had the same issue, you just need to click the little arrow at the right hand side of the quote area

Edited by Chicane

55 minutes ago, RS said:

How do (can you) you set the desktop view on phone?

I use Chrome on an Android phone and I just make sure to select "Desktop Site" from the options menu and it renders it appropriately. Could be equivalents if you have an IPhone. I often feel like Sister Mary Lazarus when it comes to technology. 

I really do appreciate all the hard work and effort that's gone into this place, not just now but over the years. It's a great site. 

Could a hyperlink to the football forum be added to the header in chat and vice versa? Or would that be too messy? 

Would make navigation slightly quicker rather than having to go back to the main navigation page.

11 minutes ago, Smal said:

Could a hyperlink to the football forum be added to the header in chat and vice versa? Or would that be too messy? 

Would make navigation slightly quicker rather than having to go back to the main navigation page.

At the bottom would be better, for when you've finished the page.

Knocked up a quick N-O SFW (original credit to SEMTEX, I believe?) theme.

You can switch to it at the bottom of the page. It's a neutral theme, hides all avatars etc.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Si said:

What's the easiest way to upload gifs and pictures now? It was idiot proof on tapatalk?

Post the URL and they should embed automatically I think. You still need to host them somewhere at the moment.

Another cool ting: if you're playing a video in a thread - like from an embedded twitter link for eg - you can write a comment and post it without the page refreshing, meaning the video/audio plays continuously even when you hit 'post'. 

(ie for those, like me, who can't wait till they've watched a whole video to call someone a dickhead) 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Tapatalk allowed it, no?

ah, can't comment as I never used it beyond setting it up.

That would have been a tapatalk service, rather than a forum one though. uploading and serving it from their servers etc.

When I play a YouTube link,  for instance the Frank Worthington one, from my mobile, i have had fast and disjointed playback . Anyone else getting this?

Edited by Incognito

• Yorkie changed the title to New forum stuff. THERE ARE FAQs IN THE OP.