New forum stuff. THERE ARE FAQs IN THE OP.

8 minutes ago, Anderson said:
15 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Edit: No nested quotes :undecided:

Anything that can be done with this?

Why would you really need nested quotes?

That said, here's your quote, nested. Bit of a workaround though. I marked the selection I wanted to quote and pressed that button. There's probably an easier way to do it since it was possible to get done.

Edited by Kaizero

yeah, nested quotes aren't supported natively.

I believe it's something they're looking at adding, but we'll have to make do without them for now!

3 hours ago, HUGZ said:

Knocked up a quick N-O SFW (original credit to SEMTEX, I believe?) theme.

You can switch to it at the bottom of the page. It's a neutral theme, hides all avatars etc.

spacer.png

:thup: good shit.

Not that I've been using it for a while, given I don't have to pretend to be working when I'm sat in my own house. Yay covid.

Is there a dark theme that can be used? Was a pita trying to hack one for the old forum, given all the icons are too dark to work on a dark background.

17 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

:thup: good shit.

Not that I've been using it for a while, given I don't have to pretend to be working when I'm sat in my own house. Yay covid.

Is there a dark theme that can be used? Was a pita trying to hack one for the old forum, given all the icons are too dark to work on a dark background.

dark mode is on my list :thup:

Aye the main URL shit the bed for me as of this morning. They probably changed some DNS setting which takes time to propagate. I'd just hit the beta URL until all this fun blows over.

Hmm, will take a bit of getting used to, but I get the feeling I will like it a lot once I do. I do like that you can now format text directly in the quick reply box rather than having to hit the full reply one, will be especially useful when replying to quotes. 

41 minutes ago, maze said:

I feel so naked without the |’s :anguish:

:lol: I’m sure there’s some other acceptable character you could lob in there. Just shove some L’s in or something.

l maze l 

perfect. 

5 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Just noticed the Microsoft Excel header :lol: 

I tried resigning earlier, but it didn't take.

5 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

I hereby tender my resignation from Microsoft-Excel. I do not wish to associate with pivot table loving nerds.

Regards,

B-more 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Are there a lot less people posting at the moment in general? Feels like loads of members haven't posted since the board changed?

Nah, the clique's domination just stands out more in the new design. 

If it's quiet then it could partially be down to there not being much on! And not all the threads of course. There's still, what I'd assume, is the typical number of people browsing, I think. 

4 hours ago, Anderson said:

Previously capped at 3 didn't it? Was handy for following a discussion without catching up on all unread pages, while avoiding an entire thread being quoted in a post.

:thup: That was me, too. 

But no stress that it's a thing of the past. 

Still impressed by the predicted emoji function :lol: Small things, and all that. 

Great work, by the way :thup:

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

That SFW wrapper is genius. Any way to make a dark mode wrapper? If its just changing CSS values I can have a crack at it. 

4 hours ago, HUGZ said:

dark mode is on my list :thup:

• Yorkie changed the title to New forum stuff. THERE ARE FAQs IN THE OP.