New forum stuff. THERE ARE FAQs IN THE OP.

:lol:

It's barely that different to work with? Just better, crisper and fresher. 

Obviously there are massive changes, but it still feels very familiar, right? :undecided:

It would be interesting to hear from people what their perception of the major changes/differences are. 

Being the Complainer In Chief about page real estate can you disable the "show thread starter" banner thing at the top of pages? 

e.g. instead of this 

DMnbKju.png

nothing there at all: 

hmcTLNI.png

edit: sorry for different 2nd screenshot, futzing around in stylish for a slightly less bright layout

Edited by thomas

3 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Is there no members list on the new site or that just part of or post migration? Also are all members ported over as Active or is it a case of having to sign in for your account to become active?

@jizz isn't available. Hope he hasnt been missed.

#giveusjizz #cumonoverjizz

Just getting used to the new layout. Is there a reason the font is significantly smaller on portrait mode on mobile? I have to turn the phone to landscape and then zoom in to be able to read any posts. On an iPhone 11. Is there something I’m missing? Thanks. 

Just now, SEMTEX said:

spacer.png

seems fairly normal sized to me? And it’s no different on landscape. iPhone XR here. If yours is smaller maybe it’s a caching issue. 

Nah, the font in both portrait and landscape is at least 2 sizes smaller than the mobile theme from the old forum. Using landscape and pinching to zoom makes it readable for me. No idea what’s going on. Maybe I need to switch browsers on my phone and try Safari. I’m using Firefox right now. Bit of a dealbreaker potentially for me, at the very least a pain. My eyesight isn’t what it used to be! Turning 40 this year. 

1 minute ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Nah, the font in both portrait and landscape is at least 2 sizes smaller than the mobile theme from the old forum. Using landscape and pinching to zoom makes it readable for me. No idea what’s going on. Maybe I need to switch browsers on my phone and try Safari. I’m using Firefox right now. Bit of a dealbreaker potentially for me, at the very least a pain. My eyesight isn’t what it used to be! Turning 40 this year. 

Same with Safari. Oh well. If there is a fix to increase the default font size on mobile, to match the previous forum, it would be very helpful. Thanks. 

Liking this a lot so far. A SFW theme is a great idea; like that there's themes in general tbh, should keep everyone happy. Thanks all who've put the effort in with this. :thup:

Also thank you so much for porting over the smiley codes, cba learning anything new :lol:

3 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

In the old one I would hit the "new" button beside the thread title and it'd take me to the newest post in the thread I hadn't seen yet.

Is that possible here?

It automatically does that now if you just click the thread title. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

In the old one I would hit the "new" button beside the thread title and it'd take me to the newest post in the thread I hadn't seen yet.

Is that possible here?

You just click on the thread now instead. There's options to change what you want that function to do in your profile.

I just tried to quote and it inserted the quote right into my reply rather than the little pop-up thing it seems to do on here in the bottom-right. When I hit 'Submit Reply' it just said saving but didn't appear to have actually submitted the reply. Turns out I'd posted 4 or 5 times. :lol:

Is that just because I wasn't on the last page of the thread?

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

All the history lost. All those classic threads. All those times we've laughed at Yorkie. Gone. 

They're currently in the process of being imported, meant to take like 50ish hours. :) 

Edited by 54
Spelling.

6 minutes ago, OCK said:

All the history lost. All those classic threads. All those times we've laughed at Yorkie. Gone. 

Careful now, Yorkie has the power to make you disappear.

• Yorkie changed the title to New forum stuff. THERE ARE FAQs IN THE OP.