Newcastle vs Tottenham Hotspur - 04/04/21 @ 14:05 - Live on Sky

18 minutes ago, Scoot said:

First game in my 30 years of following NUFC that I will actively not watch. I've had it with this club until Ashley has gone.

I'm still watching but I'm not 100% sure why. Can't tear my eyes away from the car crash, I suppose. That and lockdown boredom. 

I have started to not watch our games recently. A lot actually when I think about it. Think the last game I probably watched in full was the Everton and Sothampton wins. Just pure hatred towards Bruce. Can't stand him. 

Edited by nufcjb

I've watched more during this lockdown, hadn't watched any full games of last season, couldn't bring myself to watch 90 minutes of Bruce. Again, probably a mixture of boredom and morbid curiosity, it doesn't even make me angry anymore, I know what to expect. This game is no different, probably have it on in the background and quit watching once we're 2 goals down, maybe flick it back on at the end of the 2nd to see just how many we've conceded this time.

Kane and Bale will tear us a new one.

This is our problem though, Spurs don't need Kane and Bale to tear us new ones. They could literally pick their best 11, then another 11 that would still destroy us comfortably.

We're an absolute shell of a football club. We're not even rotten to the core or any of that bollocks because we simply don't have a core. There's nowt there. We've got about 10 non-playing staff throughout the first team, U23's and U18's, some braindead chief scout who thinks Joelinton and Kraft are PL footballers, a stadium that's minging and a few bags of equipment at the training ground that a secondary school would be looking to upgrade.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm still watching but I'm not 100% sure why. Can't tear my eyes away from the car crash, I suppose. That and lockdown boredom. 

Human nature.

It’s a bit like if someone says “don’t look over there but there is a defenceless kitten being mauled to death by a scabby one toothed donkey”... You’d have to look.

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Same really - I was actually really looking forward to the Brighton match. But not as I used to, can't quite place why, but I wasn't upset by the result (apart from a deeper 'what has happened to my club' level). I guess if my club's going to burn, i want to watch.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

We'll 1000 percent win this one. It'll buy him an entire year.

"Av always said we just needed Wilson and Alain back to give us a little bit of howpe. Wuv shut a few people up today. Are you watching Howpey?"

20 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I have started to not watch our games recently. A lot actually when I think about it. Think the last game I probably watched in full was the Everton and Sothampton wins. Just pure hatred towards Bruce. Can't stand him. 

The first 15 minutes of Brighton were the last I'll watch of us whilst Bruce is manager. Probably the last I'll watch of us under Ashley too. This forum is the last thing keeping me attached to the club once known as Newcastle United.