Newcastle vs Tottenham Hotspur - 04/04/21 @ 14:05 - Live on Sky

16 hours ago, Ben said:

Can you imagine the atmosphere if fans were in the ground 

Halcyon days when it was half empty aside from the knackers under Pardew. Proud as punch to be part of that.

:pards:

Are we allowed to speak of that yet? Was thinking of it other day. Club was obviously rank at the time (although has managed to stoop even lower at least twice since), but like you say halcyon days for this place.

What I’d give for a repeat, to see Bruce bubbling in the dugout.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Halcyon days when it was half empty aside from the knackers under Pardew. Proud as punch to be part of that.

I genuinely think, even with those that have gone to SJP over the last couple years, that it would've reached the point where Bruce was booed every time he set foot outside the dugout like Pardew was that day v Cardiff. The abuse Allardyce got v Liverpool was horrendous and McClaren's last game v Bournemouth was as toxic as it gets.

Even Torygraph COVID Edwards has said that Bruce would be gone if fans were there. So many performance have been ones to turn crowds. Brighton at home, Man United at home, Chelsea at home, Fulham at home, Leeds at home in the first half. Away games would've been bad too, Brentford, Sheffield United, WBA, Brighton. The fat cunt has showed how thin his skin is even with empty stadiums this season. Absolutely convinced he'd be gone if that wasn't the case.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I genuinely think, even with those that have gone to SJP over the last couple years, that it would've reached the point where Bruce was booed every time he set foot outside the dugout like Pardew was that day v Cardiff. The abuse Allardyce got v Liverpool was horrendous and McClaren's last game v Bournemouth was as toxic as it gets.

Even Torygraph COVID Edwards has said that Bruce would be gone if fans were there. So many performance have been ones to turn crowds. Brighton at home, Man United at home, Chelsea at home, Fulham at home, Leeds at home in the first half. Away games would've been bad too, Brentford, Sheffield United, WBA, Brighton. The fat cunt has showed how thin his skin is even with empty stadiums this season. Absolutely convinced he'd be gone if that wasn't the case.

I would hope so but given how many people have stopped going already and how low expectations are for those that do go I’d not have faith.

It’d be nowhere near full excl. pandemic either. The drift would have been ongoing all season even for the freebies.

Even with Wilson back and that’s a big if, our midfield will be picked apart. I can picture Shelvey half heartedly chasing someone back as they arrive late into the box to score and then stand there with his hands on his hips as if it’s someone else’s fault.

Hendrick will go missing. It’s quite a talent he has to do this so consistently at this level.

Bruce will be stood there licking his fucking lips and pulling that camp pose as he drinks water from a bottle.

Why do we do it to ourselves, watch it I mean?

0-2

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

I would hope so but given how many people have stopped going already and how low expectations are for those that do go I’d not have faith.

It’d be nowhere near full excl. pandemic either. The drift would have been ongoing all season even for the freebies.

Maybe, but even under McClaren when it was toxic at the end it was never full. Ironically the only crowd over 52k during his reign was that Bournemouth game. Expectations have been decimated, granted, but this is all such a new low. Loads of older fans like me dad can't remember football so bad or a manager so overwhelmingly despised. Albeit all of the hatred and venom is coming from social media and platforms such as here, I can't imagine even the most apathetic Ashley pocket filler would think this is what needs to be accepted because 'what can they do'.

Missed the sarcasm in Disco’s post then. :lol: 

Don’t think the ground has any issue turning on managers when results are this bad. Half the battle at times with Pardew was results often weren’t as bad as performances, or off-the-pitch going’s on. 

That said, it is usually the away fans who really get under their skin. Pardew away at Stoke, Carver squaring up to fans at Soton, players squaring up to fans at Stoke under McClaren, etc.

1 minute ago, Anderson said:

Missed the sarcasm in Disco’s post then. :lol: 

Don’t think the ground has any issue turning on managers when results are this bad. Half the battle at times with Pardew was results often weren’t as bad as performances, or off-the-pitch going’s on. 

That said, it is usually the away fans who really get under their skin. Pardew away at Stoke, Carver squaring up to fans at Soton, players squaring up to fans at Stoke under McClaren, etc.

Aye. Sheffield United and Brighton at the weekend would've been rightfully vile.

Only just drawn on this point now... 

2/3/4000 fans being away at Brentford or Sheff U would have given a message to the squad at end of game. 

Fans would have had actual chances to tell them to get to fuck. Shelvey throwing his shirt after any game this season it would have been thrown back out...

Rafa’s win away at Leicester win live long in memory. 

Imagine being in away end at Brentford and have Jeff Hendrick plod overhead hand clapping to you?

I’d just wanna throw my house key at his big heed!

Edited by Abra Dubravka

Time to let our hair down.

Dubravka

Manquillo    Lascelles    Fernandez    Dummett

Willock      Shelvey      Almiron

Saint-Maximin

Wilson                  Fraser

Edited by Atticus

1 hour ago, The Janitor said:

Time to let our hair down.

Dubravka

Manquillo    Lascelles    Fernandez    Dummett

Willock      Shelvey      Almiron

Saint-Maximin

Wilson                  Fraser

Decent without Shelvey. 

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Decent without Shelvey. 

At least he’d have plenty of pace around him with this. There’s no way Miggy can offer less than Hayden does on the left of the three. While it’s not ideal, Fraser surely has to start while he appears to have found a bit of form/confidence and if the other two are back they’re the first names on the team sheet.