NFL 2021: Playoffs

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Do you think Wilson will be moved at the end of the year?

Seems he wasn't happy last year and this season isn't exactly shaping up to be a cure all.

Sounds like there is a power vacuum at the very top since Paul Allen died.

The fan/beat media feeling is that Wilson and Carroll won't co-exist together for much longer. It's pretty rare to have a coach/QB combo last that long together, and it's usually because of success. Seahawks have had winning seasons but not made a deep playoff run in a pretty long time now.

Carroll seems to be coaching as though his job is on the line though. Against the 49ers, we had a relative unknown come in, Ryan Neal (he played really well last year when deputising for injuries including 4 picks in 4 games down the stretch). PC is prone to a base defence anyway, but after Neal made a huge difference when he came back in and did well against the 49ers (probably THE best played on D), PC/JS got some stick about the Adams trade/draft capital lost.

So, against the Rams, Neal was benched in favour of Adams and first round 2020 pick Jordyn Brooks. "Their guys" basically in favour of Neal who is significantly better in coverage than both. Woods open all day, no dime package in sight (even though Neal can play the run too).

I am hoping if it comes down to it, they will choose Wilson over Carroll but maybe I'm wishcasting. Carroll has incredible collateral in the league, and even more so within the franchise. Very rarely criticised other than by Seahawks fans.

1 hour ago, Ameritoon said:

Looks like Ole Miss/Arkansas was too. This is great though, 1:23 left feels like enough for both teams to score again :lol:

That game was incredible. Not sure I would have gone for 2 though, and maybe not called that play 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I find it hard to go back to NFL after college, I just prefer all aspects of it I think.

Hundred percent. I think it's a much better show even if it's not as tactically pure. There's a lot of really fun stuff - like the option play - that just doesn't work at the pro level because the players are just too smart/quick.

5 minutes ago, thomas said:

Hundred percent. I think it's a much better show even if it's not as tactically pure. There's a lot of really fun stuff - like the option play - that just doesn't work at the pro level because the players are just too smart/quick.

Yeah it’s like a straight shootout a lot of the time I love it. Tons of drama, huge plays, really good atmospheres, lots of innovation. I really really want to go to a college game 

9 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah it’s like a straight shootout a lot of the time I love it. Tons of drama, huge plays, really good atmospheres, lots of innovation. I really really want to go to a college game 

Really hope you make it over for a huge southern college game. Fly into Atlanta and go to an Auburn or Alabama game. 

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Really hope you make it over for a huge southern college game. Fly into Atlanta and go to an Auburn or Alabama game. 

My best friend lives in AZ so when I go visit him, I’m definitely going to try get a college game. Auburn would be so lit. I’d honestly go to any though, it all looks fun.

• Rich changed the title to NFL 2021: War Elephants.yao
  • Tomato Deuce changed the title to NFL 2021: Playoffs