NFL 2021: Playoffs

11 hours ago, leffe186 said:

My last word. The officiating for that second half was absolutely disgraceful. Multiple shitty calls, yet it was a great game. But when there’s one terrible, match-deciding call, it colors the whole thing. Got an awful taste in my mouth.

They want the LA thing to work.  The NFL will help the cunts out. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

They want the LA thing to work.  The NFL will help the cunts out. 

It’s been said multiple times on Browns boards/Reddit since the game. I think these things are usually more that the refs at the time get swept up in the occasion rather than some wider motive.

15 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It’s been said multiple times on Browns boards/Reddit since the game. I think these things are usually more that the refs at the time get swept up in the occasion rather than some wider motive.

Yeah, I'm not really one for conspiracy theories in sports.  Just let me bitter about the Chargers leaving and now seemingly having a competent coaching setup :lol: 

47 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Huge psychological victory last night. They beat us with ease twice last season, so coming away from Arrowhead with a definitive win feels good. Really impressed with our defense this season. Forced Mahomes into 3 turnovers, hit him 8 times, and held them to 20 points 

Yeah, could yet be big for playoff seeding too.

Right now the Bills look the class of the AFC but you have to figure the Chiefs will start clicking eventually and be a real threat, having a 2.5 game lead on them in the standings is nice.

The Athletic obtained an email in which Gruden referenced Michael Sam, the first openly gay player drafted into the NFL by the Rams in 2014, and said Goodell should not have pressured then-Rams head coach Jeff Fisher to draft "queers."

In other emails, according to the Times, Gruden referred to Goodell on several occasions using homophobic slurs and expletives, and also called him a "clueless anti football pussy"; denounced the emergence of women as referees; exchanged photos of women wearing only bikini bottoms, including a photo of two Washington team cheerleaders; and said Eric Reid, the former 49ers and Panthers safety who knelt during the national anthem, should be fired.

On Friday, the Wall Street Journal first reported Gruden had used a racist trope common in anti-Black imagery in an email when referring to NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith during the 2011 lockout. Gruden told The Athletic he reached out to apologize to Smith, who tweeted a response earlier Monday, saying "football itself has to be better."

Spicy.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:44, Si said:

Anyone going to the London game today? Can't wait for next week.

Yeah I went.  Was canny, really good overall experience.  What was said in here was kind of correct in that it's a weird atmos without one side having significant support.

Stadium is something else, ran out booze though and the queues were mental.

Getting away from the stadium a fucking nightmare.  Head to Tottenham Hale and get the overground to Liverpool St. if you're heading back to KX as you'll be shafted any other way.

6 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Yeah I went.  Was canny, really good overall experience.  What was said in here was kind of correct in that it's a weird atmos without one side having significant support.

Stadium is something else, ran out booze though and the queues were mental.

Getting away from the stadium a fucking nightmare.  Head to Tottenham Hale and get the overground to Liverpool St. if you're heading back to KX as you'll be shafted any other way.

A friend is driving and parking a walk away from the stadium. Heard the queue for the bar was mad. How much was a pint?

• Rich changed the title to NFL 2021: War Elephants.yao
  • Tomato Deuce changed the title to NFL 2021: Playoffs