NFL 2021: Playoffs

15 minutes ago, Shak said:

@Beren what if I were to tell you there was a way that Seattle could not only have a first round pick in the upcoming draft, but could also add additional future first rounders in 2023 and beyond.

giphy-227.width-704.gif

Sounds like the only way to make a bad roster worse [emoji38]

Depending on how things go at the top, I reckon the idea would be entertained. If the season continues as acrimoniously as this one, I can imagine Wilson wanting out. Interestingly, he included a no-trade clause in his last extension, so he would get a power of veto. Doubt he'd exercise it for the Broncos mind, given where you are. Probably reserve that card for the Jets or something.

21 minutes ago, Beren said:

Sounds like the only way to make a bad roster worse [emoji38]

Depending on how things go at the top, I reckon the idea would be entertained. If the season continues as acrimoniously as this one, I can imagine Wilson wanting out. Interestingly, he included a no-trade clause in his last extension, so he would get a power of veto. Doubt he'd exercise it for the Broncos mind, given where you are. Probably reserve that card for the Jets or something.

Apparently his list of approved teams last year was Dallas, New Orleans, Vegas and for some reason Chicago.

You'd imagine Dallas and Chicago are out of the running there. The Raiders thing was apparently Gruden related so not sure that would be still something he wants. New Orleans still makes a lot of sense.

Presumably they'd prefer to trade him out of conference if it comes to that. Hopefully Denver would tell him they'd basically let him choose his OC if he agreed to a trade there. Pretty sure it'll be Dan Quinn at HC next year if Fangio goes... if we do make the playoffs and Fangio stays hopefully he's happy to get a new OC in.

8 minutes ago, Shak said:

Complete side note, apparently Brian Daboll being the next HC in Chicago is all but guaranteed.

Great move by them, and well deserved by him.

Is Bieniemy ever going to get a HC shot though? :-X

2 hours ago, Beren said:

Great move by them, and well deserved by him.

Is Bieniemy ever going to get a HC shot though? :-X

I'm not sure. He's got a pretty grim off the field background, the general public doesn't really care about an OC but a Head Coach is going to be under the spotlight a lot more.

From this article about him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/%3famp

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy and teammate Kanvavis McGhee following a February 1998 bar fight. Bieniemy was charged with disorderly conduct and fighting in public, but he pleaded no contest. He and McGhee each received deferred sentences and performed court-mandated community service.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Bienemy pleaded no contest after allegedly shoving a firefighter on July 4, 1990. Colorado suspended Bieniemy for one game in the upcoming season.

Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her. The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

“She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about ‘a bunch of Black males all at once being her worst nightmare,” the attendant told police, according to the arrest report.

According to the Daily Bruin, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy on a DUI charge in April 2001, three months after he joined the football staff as a running backs coach. He previously had his driver’s license suspended after numerous violations. 

Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program “used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to “entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.

----

There are people who have done much worse things and come back to be celebrated stars in the NFL, but I can see why teams are a bit hesitant on him as a person to be the leader of their franchise.

He was apparently also a complete mess as an OC for Colorado, which is the only time he's done the job without it just being helping to run Andy Reid's offense. Daboll meanwhile is an OC on a team with a defensive guy so he's basically running that offense and as a former QB coach is almost certainly the most responsible Allen's development on the Buffalo staff.

Or maybe everyone hates him just because he's black. It'll be interesting to see if Leftwich gets a HC shot before him.

4 hours ago, Beren said:

[emoji38]

I just hate how Brady walking into an inch-fucking perfect situation and winning another ring has resulted in a complete paradigm shift when looking at the Patriots' dynasty. As though Brady carried Belichick!

People seem to openly acknowledge that Brady isn't the most talented QB of all time, but have not a trace of fucking hesitation calling him the GOAT and comparing him to Michael Jordan and shit. It's ridiculously infuriating.

I wish there was a way for the Patriots to knock the Bucs out of the playoffs without it having to be in the Superbowl. Alas, I do think it is massively impressive Belichick is making this Pats team competitive (and maybe even that is a disservice) with a bunch of scrubs essentially.

tl;dr

Gut reaction: Fuck you.

Bucs don't have the defense to go all the way this year. Granted we ran the table after the bye week last season, the perfect storm of every single thing was clicking. But this year the team is hurt all over and I don't really think we have it in us. 

This AZ / GB are easily the best 2 in the NFC and there seems to be a really group of 4-5 in the AFC. 

I've drawn my older brother in the Secret Santa. He put out to the group that he's in need of new trainers.

He's a Chargers fan and I'm after finding these and I'm unreasonably pleased with myself. I think they'll be the best present I've ever come with of my own accord :lol:

calzado-de-running-air-zoom-pegasus-38-n

calzado-de-running-air-zoom-pegasus-38-n

11 hours ago, Shak said:

Complete side note, apparently Brian Daboll being the next HC in Chicago is all but guaranteed.

llw8de87tmyx4s5dgezs

Can't argue with what he has done with a raw diamond like Josh Allen, but I don't think I could've cast a better coach for the Bears if I bred Mike Ditka with the Swerski Superfans. 

On 23/11/2021 at 20:49, Beren said:

Lately, throws are either at or behind the LOS, or absolute hollywood balls into a deep cover 2 D. That is it.

turning the offense into one of two outcomes: quick passes underneath or deep shots to Tyler Lockett

^ from Nick Shook, Browns fan from NFL.com who watches probably one Seahawks game in five? Worked it out immediately.

DCs must be laughing their tits off.

Didn't watch the game, but after shouldering the blame last week, Carroll's comments seemed to try to deflect some on Wilson this week. :laugh: Under pressure.

6 hours ago, Beren said:

^ from Nick Shook, Browns fan from NFL.com who watches probably one Seahawks game in five? Worked it out immediately.

DCs must be laughing their tits off.

Didn't watch the game, but after shouldering the blame last week, Carroll's comments seemed to try to deflect some on Wilson this week. :laugh: Under pressure.

I was only half-watching but Wilson can't be 100% fit yet with some of the throws he was making. Poor decisions and really inaccurate throws galore.

Dogging scores for the last two weeks. Not a lot of scoring really the last two weeks, been fewer dogs winning than early in the season.

Really bunched together, everyone is still a good double up week away from the lead :lol:

Pata 72.5 (3.5)

Beren 67.5 (7.5)

Adam 62 (2.5)

Bmore 60 (2.5)

Mike 59.5

Kaz 57 (17.5)

Shak 54.5 (3.5)

Midds 54.5 (7.5)

Ameritoon 52

Leffe 50 (7.5)

Cuba 44 (14.5)

Sima 43.5