NFL 2022

Tomato Deuce

41 minutes ago, Shak said:

I'd guess if they were gonna move on from Carroll it would have happened by now.

I thought it was confirmed that Carroll is going to stay in Seattle for 2022?

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/report-pete-carroll-john-schneider-will-remain-with-seahawks-for-2022-season#:~:text=Report%3A Pete Carroll%2C John Schneider Will Remain With Seahawks For,be staying put in Seattle.

Well, it isnt a 100% confirmation but lots of tweets from insiders and well placed sources and Carroll sounds pretty confident in his statement.

Edited by rgk_lfc

5 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Maaan if he goes to the Broncos *and* I have to put up with Shak’s baseline relentless Broncos shithousery…

Them Hackett 1st and 10 runs straight into the first defender will humble him quickfast.

On 26/01/2022 at 03:11, Pata said:

You watch Mahomes play and seriously think they are doing alright due to a loaded roster? Wilson's rookie deal ended in 2015, Ryan's in 2013, Brees must have been fucking decades ago.

Well, Mahomes and Allen were on a par in that divisional round but KC had Hill which imo heavily influenced the way the game went, but isn't talked about that much cause of how good the qbs were.  Firstly he torched us on a return for 40-50 yards then in ot torched us for that td where he was doing the fucking peace sign on the way in.  Bills shat the bed over Hill again and that left Kelce open down the stretch too. 

Point being for how deep the Bills roster is they've nothing approaching what Hill can do to a team, indeed Allen as a qb has the least yac in the whole NFL afaik.  Beane mentioned speed the other day, twice Hill has made the difference imo.  Not to take anything away from Mahomes in the slightest cause he was immense, specially at the start when Bills D was making a fight of it.

12 hours ago, Shak said:

I think Getsy will stay. Makes sense to promote him to OC with Hackett leaving, nobody in the Denver media has suggested Hackett and Getsy would come as a combo.

The OL coach Adam Stenavich is supposedly expected to be the one to jump to Denver with Hackett and be the OC.

As far as Adams goes, I don't see it making sense for Denver unless Rodgers insists on it. They just handed out pretty big contracts to Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick and have a couple of high draft pick receivers in KJ Hamler and Jerry Jeudy on the roster too so they're really deep at WR and already have lots of money committed to the position with Adams needing a massive contract.

Obviously none of those are in Adams' league but that's a really good group and you'd be trading for Rodgers in the hope that he can help them all take significant steps forward. Jeudy in particular seems like he could benefit as he profiles extremely similarly to Adams in terms of their style of play but hasn't had a QB who can help him take advantage of what he can do.

Assuming they trade Rodgers, I expect they'll tag Adams and look to trade him too. Figure you could get a pretty decent haul for him off a contender. 

Judging purely on offensive line play Stenavich knows what he's doing. Wouldn't be surprised if AR makes Adams a condition TBH but we will see. Going to be really weird once AR isn't the GB starting QB. The first GB game I watched as a 'fan' was when he replaced Favre against the Cowboys in 2007.

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Them Hackett 1st and 10 runs straight into the first defender will humble him quickfast.

Well when you have EJ Manuel at QB...

Was much the same with Wade Phillips in Buffalo, good coach who just never had a decent option at QB he could have gone with.

Hopefully Hackett will get a ring in Denver like Wade did.

4 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Judging purely on offensive line play Stenavich knows what he's doing. Wouldn't be surprised if AR makes Adams a condition TBH but we will see. Going to be really weird once AR isn't the GB starting QB. The first GB game I watched as a 'fan' was when he replaced Favre against the Cowboys in 2007.

Packers fans my age have never had to see their team lead by a QB who isn't an all time great. It's fucking mental.

You guys are due for some REALLY shitty QB years :lol:

9 minutes ago, Shak said:

Packers fans my age have never had to see their team lead by a QB who isn't an all time great. It's fucking mental.

You guys are due for some REALLY shitty QB years :lol:

Haha, I know, it's going to be weird and really, really shit. NUFC takeover couldn't have come at a better time!

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Haha, I know, it's going to be weird and really, really shit. NUFC takeover couldn't have come at a better time!

30 straight seasons of Hall of Fame QBs is insanity. I wish you many, many seasons of modern day Randy Wrights and Don Majkowskis. :lol: 

Edited by B-more Mag
Randy Wright, not Danny White

47 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

30 straight seasons of Hall of Fame QBs is insanity. I wish you many, many seasons of modern day Randy Wrights and Don Majkowskis. :lol: 

TBF I’ve only been following them since 2007 but yeah, I know I’m getting what I deserve.

I’m actually quite interested to see what MLF’s offense will look like without Rodgers. It might not be a complete catastrophe if Love turns out to be even remotely competent. Beef up the defense over the next few years and the Packers might be able to compete in 2-3 years time again 

1 hour ago, S Norman said:

I’m actually quite interested to see what MLF’s offense will look like without Rodgers. It might not be a complete catastrophe if Love turns out to be even remotely competent. Beef up the defense over the next few years and the Packers might be able to compete in 2-3 years time again 

I’m also interested in this TBF. It’s still going to be a massive come down though. No matter how bad things were in a game you knew there was always a change AR would make it happen. I’ve had some incredible experiences watching him play. Him and Shearer neck and neck for the amount of sporting joy.

Mackems beat 6-0, we’re signing a £40m midfielder and that cunt is gone from the NFL.

Might get a Henry.

Edited by Sima

• Tomato Deuce changed the title to NFL 2021: Satan hangs ‘em up
  • Tomato Deuce changed the title to NFL 2021: Satan hangs ‘em up…fib. ;)
  • Tomato Deuce changed the title to NFL 2021: Brady retires, the world rejoices
  • Rich changed the title to NFL 2022