Random Thoughts Thread

I arrived back in Baltimore this week, and Americans did not sufficiently describe this cicada plague at all. :lol: The sound is constant, there are piles of corpses and larval shells littering the ground everywhere, and they fly directly into my face once every five minutes or so. They are friendlier locusts. Is it this way most places?

13 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

I arrived back in Baltimore this week, and Americans did not sufficiently describe this cicada plague at all. :lol: The sound is constant, there are piles of corpses and larval shells littering the ground everywhere, and they fly directly into my face once every five minutes or so. They are friendlier locusts. Is it this way most places?

This is brood X, which has the largest geographic range and highest concentration of the 17-year cicada broods. Most of the Mid-Atlantic region will be this way, and a bit of the Midwest.

On 04/06/2021 at 22:48, B-more Mag said:

These doofuses couldn't figure out how to get past electrical tape for the life of them.

qOBEwEq.jpg

I tried to tell the fuckers they can fly.

They fucked up with the 7-2-2-2 formation. The two behind the forwards are too spread leaving too much for the one in the middle, don't know what the wide one is up to quite honestly, good positioning from the defensive 4 but maybe leaving a gap in the middle.

A man can be a nurse though. My Dad was one in the 70s and 80s before moving into management, although that was in psychiatric hospitals so perhaps not needed there then. 

I always thought/assumed scrubs were unisex anyway, I've got male and female friends who are doctors and I think they just wear the same type but could be wrong, could also be different to what nurses wear. Might also be a British thing too maybe. 

I could be over thinking things, sorry! 

6 hours ago, Sima said:

Why are Walkers going on like they have invented the crisp sandwich?

I was happier than I should have been to see the Golden Wonder crisp packet in Cruella.

15 hours ago, number37 said:

A man can be a nurse though. My Dad was one in the 70s and 80s before moving into management, although that was in psychiatric hospitals so perhaps not needed there then. 

I always thought/assumed scrubs were unisex anyway, I've got male and female friends who are doctors and I think they just wear the same type but could be wrong, could also be different to what nurses wear. Might also be a British thing too maybe. 

I could be over thinking things, sorry! 

I’m a nurse. There are unisex scrubs, like the ones you can get dispensed in hospitals, but most scrubs you buy in stores (uniform shops, Walmart etc) are really designed for women. To get scrubs designed for men you really need to go online - I buy Carhartt scrubs from Amazon that are excellent.