Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A 4 part documentary about the ESL is on Apple TV+. It features us loosely, but has Kevin Miles in it.

It has interview with Čeferin, Agnelli, Perez, and Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

It also has an interview with Masters, who is obviously a lying scumbag, as well as various well known journalists.

I won't get a subscription at the moment, but Viaplay Sports do seem to have a lot of things on recently which I probably would have watched if on BT Sport / Sky Sports etc.

I'd probably watch Leeds anyway, but may have switched over to Hibs-Hearts especially if Kuol came one. Rangers-Celtic League Cup final is on there next month, loads of La Liga matches, and Euro 2024 qualifiers.

If they add a few more things then I probably would end up subscribing at some point.

• 1 month later...

Documentary on itv last Sunday called "The footballer, his wife and the car crash". Was about J lloyd Samuel who played for Villa and Bolton in the premier league. Had it all until out injured then turned to gambling. Found himself desperate for a club and had to go to play in Iran where he met and married another woman, permissible under Sharia law apparently. Came back to the UK and his British wife before he was killed in a head on crash. His sister and Iranian wife claim he's still alive and that somehow his death was faked. Must admit I could only remember his name but what an interesting life story  he had.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've got Sky which I pay about £100 a month for, what is the best way to watch the Champions league stuff ? It looks like that new TNT sports replacing BT will cost about £29  a month which I'm not keen on.

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

So I've got Sky which I pay about £100 a month for, what is the best way to watch the Champions league stuff ? It looks like that new TNT sports replacing BT will cost about £29  a month which I'm not keen on.

I've got BT sports through EE. 

I think I pay £25 a month for 160gb of 5g data, unlimited calls and texts plus BT sports big screen. Can use the app on my phone, xbox, firestick, etc. Best value I could find. 

57 minutes ago, Ben said:

You don't get quite the same amount of bells and whistles (you can't pause, rewind etc) but Sky Sports with NowTV can be much cheaper, especially if you find someone to share it with. I pay the equivalent of about £12 a month, I split the account with my dad and a mate.

Id give Sky a call up and try and negotiate a better deal with TNT included. It's amazing how much they'll reduce price or throw in things if they think you may leave. 

59 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Id give Sky a call up and try and negotiate a better deal with TNT included. It's amazing how much they'll reduce price or throw in things if they think you may leave. 

Even more so if you cancel altogether. 

My TV, phone & broadband was £160 after my offers had expired. I rang up last week and they offered me a £30 discount so I cancelled everything apart from the broadband. 

If previous cancellations are anything to go by I'm expecting at least 3 or 4 better offers before the month's notice runs out. 

If not, sod them, I've got a dodgy box 😂 

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like Viaplay are in a bit of trouble, appears they're jumping ship on all the long term deals they've got with Scottish football. I assume the Nations League and La Liga rights are staying with them for now, no mention of them in the press release.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Does anyone know if Fantasy Football League is doing another series? 

What was the last series like btw?  I’m on the other side of the planet so missed it (though I probably could find it online somewhere).

I tried rewatching the originals about a year back on YouTube  after not having seen them since they were broadcast … they don’t hold up at all.  And I still understand the references

Edited by TheBrownBottle

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

What was the last series like btw?  I’m on the other side of the planet so missed it (though I probably could find it online somewhere).

I tried rewatching the originals about a year back on YouTube  after not having seen them since they were broadcast … they don’t hold up at all.  And I still understand the references

I really enjoyed it. They did a good job tbf. 

3 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

I really enjoyed it. They did a good job tbf. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah I thought it was great. Extremely silly with jokes that were somehow very obvious/telegraphed yet still funny. All just very daft and joyful.

Cheers - I'll root around and see if I can find it

• 4 months later...