Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

I went to school with one of them. Primary and secondary. Cracking kid. Two years above me, in my sister's year, but we used to play football every day at primary school. Then on the moor in summer holidays. He was the first person I thought of when I saw Gassa play, that's how good he was to a 9 year old me. Remember the pride of the school when he signed for the club. 

Makes me sick to think of that moment of great happiness turning into such a nightmare.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Just seen an ad on Sky for a special on 'Newcastle: The Entertainers'. Looks mint but if I watch it I'm guaranteed to bawl my eyes out. 

Some 25 years on from the 4-3 game and I still can’t watch it back - switch the tele over whenever it’s shown 

Think it's good timing tbh. Was seeing on Twitter questions asking if Leeds are the best newly promoted team the Premier League has seen and the replies were filled with Sky Q 2016ers saying it's them or Wolves. Nice reminder (or education) to younger fans that we were fucking awesome once. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think it's good timing tbh. Was seeing on Twitter questions asking if Leeds are the best newly promoted team the Premier League has seen and the replies were filled with Sky Q 2016ers saying it's them or Wolves. Nice reminder (or education) to younger fans that we were fucking awesome once. 

Jesus leeds or wolves!? We finished 3rd and were the highest scoring team in the league. Who was asking the question, an 8 year old? Yet another reason why the twittersphere is so awful on football. 

9 hours ago, Anderson said:

That Sky thing is only 30mins, with ads. Shame, thought it’d be longer.

yes just seen that,  bit disappointing as the way it was advertised I was expecting something along the lines of the Tiger Woods or Bruno/Tyson documentaries and be 90 mins or even 2 hours long!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to watching Finding Jack Charlton. Really well done, that. Having seen my grandparents wither away with dementia it hit home quite a bit. The Blaydon Races bit had me welling up. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching the repeat of the Holland game from Euro 96. KK on comms. :smitten:

Always surprises me what fouls were let go even then in the modern game. Challenges that would be absolutely blatant penalties/FKs waved away without a hint of protest. 

On 03/06/2021 at 05:27, Rocker said:

[emoji38] My answer was going to be Totti as well. 

My previous quiz outings were all alright to be fair, but I had an absolute stinker. [emoji38]

I’ve watched it and found it poor in acting and directing quality.

however he seems a lone & troubled sole. Is he Italy’s greatest?

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just watching the repeat of the Holland game from Euro 96. KK on comms. :smitten:

Always surprises me what fouls were let go even then in the modern game. Challenges that would be absolutely blatant penalties/FKs waved away without a hint of protest. 

:lol: Aye that penalty shout early on is nailed on these days.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

4 hours ago, Paully said:

Alex Ferguson - Never Give Up on Prime - superb - great insight into his upbringing and his early days in football!

Unbelievably sacked by St Mirren after a successful spell in the 70s. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but not the best footballing decision.

6 hours ago, triggs said:

That interview on the pitch where he's fuming after beating Rangers in the Cup Final is incredible

Ha ha it’s mental! 

He’s always praised our fans - wasn’t there rumours we tried to woo him after KK left?

Top football man bar 95-96 - the bastard!