Pavel

nazza06

Didn't even bother to show him on MOTD. :thdn:

yeap was a great shame. Some good coverage of him on Football first though... glad that first goal kick he took didnt cost us :lol:

I didn't see the match, what happened?

He caught a cross and took a goal kick. MOTM tbh.

Well the ball went out for a goal kick... that's when Given came off and Pavel came. So it was great reception etc etc... And Pav's first task was to take the goal kick. Placed the ball, whole crowd doing that "ooooohhhhhhhhh" as he prepares himself, runs up.... and slightly miskicks it driving it rather low only as far as Ramage :lol: who managed to hook it up the field :lol: ...

Cut out a cross with a good catch amongst the crowd minutes later though.

Well the ball went out for a goal kick... that's when Given came off and Pavel came. So it was great reception etc etc... And Pav's first task was to take the goal kick. Placed the ball, whole crowd doing that "ooooohhhhhhhhh" as he prepares himself, runs up.... and slightly miskicks it driving it rather low only as far as Ramage :lol: who managed to hook it up the field :lol: ...

Oh right. What do you think the reaction would have been like if he had kicked it straight to a spurs player and they scored and then when he went to catch the cross it skimmed off his knuckles and directed itself into an empty net? :lol:

Oh right. What do you think the reaction would have been like if he had kicked it straight to a spurs player and they scored and then when he went to catch the cross it skimmed off his knuckles and directed itself into an empty net? :lol:

He isn't steve harper and spurs aint got no Alonso ;)

Guest the_serbian_mag

Pavel Srniček. I can't believe he's here, playing at SJP, ant is' almost 2007!!!

He is a Toon Army Hero! What a legend!

Pav makes ghost of it

By DAVE KIDD

December 26, 2006

PAVEL SRNICEK is ready to make his first Newcastle start for almost a decade as the Geordies enjoy a blast from a ghost of Christmas past.

The popular Czech keeper, a star of Toon’s cavalier Kevin Keegan era, is likely to replace Shay Given for today’s trip to Bolton.

Irishman Given was forced off with a groin injury in the 88th minute of Saturday’s 3-1 victory over Tottenham.

Steven Taylor, one of three young locals in the Newcastle defence, was a St James’ Park ball-boy the last time Srnicek started for the Magpies in 1997.

Srnicek, 38, has been back on Tyneside since August.

But boss Glenn Roeder is set to give him a start at the Reebok with Steve Harper a long-term injury victim and Dutch youngster Tim Krul only just recovered from a knee op.

Srnicek will join a buoyant Newcastle side, beaten only by Chelsea in their last 12 games.

And Taylor insists they are showing glimpses of the entertaining football that thrilled the Geordies during Keegan’s reign.

Taylor, 20, said: “Pav coming on against Spurs was a special moment. The fans gave him a great reception and it was fully deserved.

“To come back after so long and play for us is amazing. He’s brought that extra bit of spirit into the dressing room as well.

“He was here in the Keegan days and he’s back for us now.

“During Pav’s last spell here I was a ball-boy and that was unbelievable. I’m not saying we have returned to the era of ‘The Entertainers’ but we’re playing some great football.

Taylor insists Newcastle will no longer be bullied by Bolton — like they were during a 2-1 home defeat in October.

He said: “Bolton will see a different Newcastle. We’re ruthless at the moment.

“Ruthless isn’t a word you would always associate with Newcastle teams but our football is now doing our talking.

“We know how difficult it was when we were near the bottom and new players were coming in and we had injuries.

“When you see people slagging you off on telly and saying you’re going to get relegated, the best thing is to prove them wrong with performances and we’ve certainly shut a few people up.” Toon chief Roeder insists he has no qualms about playing Srnicek.

He said: “Pav has not been round the block once but several times.

“He picked it up very quickly against Spurs, showed no nerves and used the ball well. He’s got the experience that will give our young players confidence.”

[email protected]