Burnley vs. Newcastle United - 11/4/21 @ Noon (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

If we can get another favour from Wolves for when they go to Fulham on Friday, win this and I'm fairly confident of safety tbh. Wilson should be back, ASM and Almiron with some minutes in the tank, best chance of a win until Sheff Utd at home imo. Beat them relatively comfortably at SJP, need to do the same again. Let's see if the players can put two respectable performances together back to back. Doubt it, like.

This would be my team but would be harsh on Joelinton after weekend. Think this will be a physical battle and we’ll need to defend well, which makes me unsure about wing backs. Would be half tempted to play Clark and bring Manquillo and Dummett in at wing back. But I’ll stick with this, Burnley don’t score loads and if we can get a couple we should at least get a point.      

Dubravka

Fernandez-Lascelles-Dummett

Murphy                                 Ritchie

Willock-Longstaff

St Maximin-Wilson-Almiron

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If we can get another favour from Wolves for when they go to Fulham on Friday, win this and I'm fairly confident of safety tbh.

It's mad how easy it should be to simply just survive; like we really shouldn't have to do much at all.

It's possible to become a bit desensitised to the state of it all - cos you just get so used to incompetence - but it really would be a remarkable feat of shitness for us to go down. You've got an appalling bottom three; rubbish like Palace and Burnley, faltering sides who've lost their best players like Wolves, relegationy sides like Brighton who play alright but can't score... yet us, with all our talent, are barely keeping our heads above water. It should be a doddle. 

Bruce really has done a staggeringly shit job. Such a bad manager. 

Anyway, I can never predict our games. We could get battered like the Brighton game, or we could stay in the game long enough to sneak a point or even three. Either way we'll be rubbish and I'll be miserable. 1-1 seems like a pretty plausible result. 

Burnley are a strong working team, our mindset will depend on Fridays Fulham game, this will determine Bruce team talk as a loss for Fulham and no doubt Bruce will go for a point.

Anyway , impossible to call, play JL , I’m going 5-0 Burnley .

Same team as Spurs because “no one deserves to be dropped”. No thought about how we’re playing an opposition with a completely different style.

1-0 down early doors. Burnley to then miss a hatful of chances. We’ll bring on ASM and Wilson and look slightly less shit but concede a second in the last 10 mins.

2-0 defeat.

Fulham to draw 1-1 with Wolves and bacon survives another week.

Hopefully Burnley have one of those games where they look way off Premier League standard. I think we’ll win but I also think relegation will come down to who wins out of us and Fulham this weekend. If either of us fail to win it’s hard to see which teams we could get 3 points from if not for this weekend. 

Gonna go for 0-2. Wilson with the goals on his return. 

Looking at Burnley's fixtures they are in real trouble if we win.

A six pointer away at Fulham and then last game at Sheff Utd the only realistic chances of a win.

I can also only see Sheff Utd being the best chance for Brighton to pick up another 3 points.

It really is going to be who is the least shit of the shittest group staying up

Us beating Burnley also has the knock on effect of keeping them honest when they travel to Fulham. I’m struggling to see us beating them, but dragging them back into the mix would be massive.

Edited by Whitley mag