Burnley 1-2 Newcastle United - post-match reaction from pg24

Yorkie

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Thought ASM was looking tired eve there, he's not match fit enough to start yet seems to me.

He's been like ever since he came back from Covid.

Wilson didn't look anywhere near ready to return yet. But hopefully be back up to full speed by the time we play Sheff Utd, which I feel is our last must win game now and may not even be needed depending on what Fulham do 

ASM was outrageous but Dubravka kept us in it. Weird that there was any doubt about him coming back in for Darlow, in hindsight. Thought Longstaff played well too, worked very hard. 

Jonjo Shelvey was his usual disgraceful self and the sooner he is shifted out to whatever mugs take him, the better. 

8 minutes ago, LV said:

I’ve been thinking this as well. 

I was thinking the same. I worried that Bruce would relax now that he thinks we're safe, but it might free the players a bit more. He might even let Jones get some valuable experience now that he has rescued us from relegation.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

ASM was outrageous but Dubravka kept us in it. Weird that there was any doubt about him coming back in for Darlow, in hindsight. Thought Longstaff played well too, worked very hard. 

Jonjo Shelvey was his usual disgraceful self and the sooner he is shifted out to whatever mugs take him, the better. 

Yeah ASM takes the headlines but Dubravka was excellent today. 

Thought defense looked a little nervous even with a back 5 today. Especially Clark. 

Also a bit surprised Willock isn't starting or coming on. Feels like we miss his legs in midfield and was the reason he was brought in. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Dubravka would have been MOTM without that 8 minute spell from St Max. He was outstanding, really dealt with Burnley's crossing with confidence. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Agree with all of that.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Everyone were shite apart from Dubravka and ASM, yet we still won somehow 

Burnley were shite as well, zero quality in their side.

Just now, Abra Dubravka said:

Aside from his goal thought Murphy was atrocious. Barely anywhere near McNeil all game and gave ball away aimlessly every chance he could. 

He’s playing out of position, neutralising almost everything he’s good at. 

Torn, hate Bruce with everything I have but by god I liked the winner hitting the back of the net .

We were utter shite for most of that game, ASM shows he can keep a team up on his own over a season.

Stays fit and we will always be ok.When we have ALL our good players 100% this team is mid table easily, no credit to the manager mind .Its the god awful Championship plodders that we need to ditch but nope have a new contract .Rancid