Players We Saw Way Too Much Of

Astroblack

Essentially the inverse of the players we saw way too little of thread. 

Mike Williamson has 150 appearances for our club.

Feel like Ryan Taylor was playing here way past when he should have. 
Don’t think Alan Smith contributed anything at all during his time here yet has 80+ appearances. 
Obertan? Feel like he was given far too many chances

Big Shoals - #1 on the list for sure

Hopefully there are enough for me to have warranted making a thread. 

Certain players benefited from us going down. They garnered some level of forgiveness/usefulness by being reasonable in a shit league.

I mean: Gouffran (127), Simpson (137), Anita (155!), Butt (173), all went back and forth between being total shit or exceptionally mediocre. Robbie Elliott managed 188 appearances for us, and quite obviously shouldn't have been with us 2nd time around. He seemed mediocre first time around but my memory is hazy of such a time.

Edited by SEMTEX
too certain

21 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Certain players benefited from us going down. They garnered some level of forgiveness/usefulness by being reasonable in a shit league.

I mean: Gouffran (127), Simpson (137), Anita (155!), Butt (173), all went back and forth between being total shit or exceptionally mediocre. Robbie Elliott managed 188 appearances for us, and quite obviously shouldn't have been with us 2nd time around. He seemed mediocre first time around but my memory is hazy of such a time.

He was quite decent in the 5 months Dalglish was in charge at the end of 96/97.  Mostly shite outside of that though.

I don't think anyone else comes close to Shola, S Taylor and Williamson though.

Edited by Sima

Think Perch could've been a useful utility player off the bench in a Europa League campaign, but obviously that's not he we used him and we saw way too much of him.

Also even if Riviere made one appearance it would've been too much.

Colback

Ryan and Steven Taylor

Obertan

etc.

Colback and Anita played way too many games.

Mike Williamson.

Smith. Gouff. Paully D. Shlevey.

It's only really Shola I can think of, who played too many times when we were good/decent but he was a back-up and did some useful things on ocassion. I remember one season he scored 9 premier league goals mostly as a backup/sub. Think he's a top 5 European goalscorer for us and obvious Mackem slayer.

Dummett, Shelvey, and co. proper first-choice players for us for far too long.