Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Roger Kint

3. Not worried in the slightest.

At the minute i would be on 3 or 4 myself really. Would reconsider if there was a mass exodus of good players but not sure that will happen(any more than it would normally anyway)

If Pardew resigns now I would be extremely worried. We could feasibly go through the transfer window and into the season with Joe Kinnear the only person running the team.

If we have an actual manager I still don't think we'll go down.

Guest Roger Kint

If Pardew resigns now I would be extremely worried. We could feasibly go through the transfer window and into the season with Joe Kinnear the only person running the team.

If we have an actual manager I still don't think we'll go down.

Well yeah i should have included that now you mention it, wouldnt have dreamt of typing it this time last week though :(

Can't see how anyone isn't worried about relegation.  We flirted with it last year.  The squad will be worse - we'll almost certainly get lose some of our best players over the summer, and their replacements (if we even get replacements) won't be of the same quality.  Even if Pardew stays, he's still the tactically inept manager he was last season, and now he's got the only person more clueless than him whispering in his ear.  And I've not even started to mention all the unrest and loss of morale all this is bound to cause.

Unless Ashley goes this summer, we're doomed.

Can't see how anyone isn't worried about relegation.  We flirted with it last year.  The squad will be worse - we'll almost certainly get lose some of our best players over the summer, and their replacements (if we even get replacements) won't be of the same quality.  Even if Pardew stays, he's still the tactically inept manager he was last season, and now he's got the only person more clueless than him whispering in his ear.  And I've not even started to mention all the unrest and loss of morale all this is bound to cause.

It remains to be seen whether the squad will be worse, it might be better. Not looking 100% likely I admit! Also you have assume a lot of the players who had shockers or were injured will do better again this season.

The unrest and morale issue is serious, hopefully Pardew can shield the players from the worst of it.

So, with my doom-monger magic specs on, Cardiff at home second last game is going to be next season's QPR, where we have one final chance to haul ourselves to safety or face being relegated at Anfield.

So, with my doom-monger magic specs on, Cardiff at home second last game is going to be next season's QPR, where we have one final chance to haul ourselves to safety or face being relegated at Anfield.

Not necessarily. We could be relegated way before that.

Our current squad is much better than relegation. Especially with some of the newer players having time to adjust to the league, team, and culture. Our injury situation was diabolical in 2012-2013 and hit us in extremely key areas. An improvement in that luck and the situation will improve. None of the things you are talking about have happened yet and nothing is imminent other than paper talk and fear mongering on the forum. If we are holding everything ceteris paribus, I would expect a finish anywhere from 8th to 13th.

Also, I genuinely don't believe Kinnear will have a great effect on our results unless the rumours are correct and he pushes Pardew out. The guy is an embarrassment to have represent the club, but even if he brings in only "English plodders", the extra bodies and depth will be useful. I am only worried if we tear the team apart.