Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

It's going to be shitfest between us, Brighton and Burnley with none oof us looking like we actually want to get any more points on the board.

Shocking state of affairs when 8 points from the last 9 games (5 from 8 for Burnley) and a total of 35 is probably going to keep someone up

Fulham could end up with anything from 3 points to 9 points before they play us, they've got a splattering of teams who are prone to phoning it in when there is nothing to play for.

Still think if we are above Brighton by the time we play City then we'll stay up

You see, I look at Brighton's fixtures and see a few wins there. This is a team that have recently beaten Liverpool and Tottenham.

And lost to West Brom, Palace and drew with Burnley.

They've got 2 'W's pinned to their fixtures (us and Sheff Utd), the rest of their games you wouldn't put any money on them winning

You see, I look at Brighton's fixtures and see a few wins there. This is a team that have recently beaten Liverpool and Tottenham.

We play almost exactly the same teams as them, if your implication is that they have an "easier" fixture list.

We play almost exactly the same teams as them, if your implication is that they have an "easier" fixture list.

I think his implication is that they look more likely to beat said teams.

You take Wilson out of this team and it’s not even half as talented as the one that got relegated in 2016.

Relegation is a certainly. In fact, a good opportunity to double your money while it’s still evens with the bookies.

Even if they sacked Bruce in the morning I think it’s too late, they don’t have anyone else lined up, and what on earth would another less than ordinary coach do with this shit heap of a squad?

You take Wilson out of this team and it’s not even half as talented as the one that got relegated in 2016.

Relegation is a certainly. In fact, a good opportunity to double your money while it’s still evens with the bookies.

Even if they sacked Bruce in the morning I think it’s too late, they don’t have anyone else lined up, and what on earth would another less than ordinary coach do with this shit heap of a squad?

Disagree with that. From 2016 I'd take Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Perez, probably Mitrovic as our Wilson alternatives are dire. Wilson, ASM, Almiron, Willock (although he's a loan player), Hayden, Dubravka, Schär (assuming you mean the whole squad) are better options than many in that 2016 side.

One of us has a competent manager, a game plan and bad luck that will eventually even out. One has Steve Bruce :lol:

Deflated this morning thinking about this. I’d been fearing relegation for months like most people but yesterday felt like we’re the ones that will end up falling. It seems far more likely than not now.

If it’s a shootout between us, Fulham, Burnley and Brighton I don’t think there’s a sensible argument to suggest we’ll gain more points than those 3 teams while Bruce is in charge.

Deflated this morning thinking about this. I’d been fearing relegation for months like most people but yesterday felt like we’re the ones that will end up falling. It seems far more likely than not now.

If it’s a shootout between us, Fulham, Burnley and Brighton I don’t think there’s a sensible argument to suggest we’ll gain more points than those 3 teams while Bruce is in charge.

Really does depend on injuries for me.

Bruce has been awful for the most part but it can't be disputed that with Miggy, ASM and Wilson in the "new" formation we were beginning to look like a competent, mid table premier league team. Even if Jones was responsible for that improvement.

Miggy is the biggest miss in the new system as he sets the press. As long as we either beat Villa or don't lose to Brighton we'll be in with a fighting chance after the international break with our big hitters back.

It is far too early to be throwing the towel in with 11 games to go. Fulham are in great form, but after the upcoming weekend could find themselves 4 points behind us and we'd still have a game in hand on them.

If Miggy, ASM and Wilson are back for the final 9 games I think we will survive.

Biggest concern is Bruce's message to the players. Bigging up a point away at West Brom is horrible mediocre and I really hope behind closed doors he is making the severity of our situation clear.

Like I said yesterday, we have to win 1 from 2 next games. 30 points after international break with 9 games left and players back, we have a chance. Basically if we nibble to 30 points for the Spurs game, we need 3 wins from 9 games. Tough but with (Burnley, Sheff Utd, Fulham, West Ham) we have a chance. It's going to be tough tho.

Brighton play some nice football and if they had a Callum Wilson up front they'd be at least 6 points ahead of us

Minimum. They're a nice football team that just struggle to score goals.

Kinda need Fulham to have our luck with injuries.

They actually needed a striker and they signed one. We didn't bother with anything as normal as addressing any weaknesses.

Be amazed if there’s not quotes from Bruce saying he was happy with the window.

Through my own wilful laziness at not doing anything about my season ticket I've already pre-paid a year in advance for a season of Championship Bruceball.  Has anyone ever made a worse purchase?

Brighton play some nice football and if they had a Callum Wilson up front they'd be at least 6 points ahead of us

Minimum. They're a nice football team that just struggle to score goals.

Stick Wilson (and Dubravka) in Sheff United and they would be ahead of us.

Kinda need Fulham to have our luck with injuries.

They actually needed a striker and they signed one. We didn't bother with anything as normal as addressing any weaknesses.

Be amazed if there’s not quotes from Bruce saying he was happy with the window.

'Delighted' would be the word used if so. Everything delights him, we could all learn from Steve. Infinitely Delighted would be his name on here.