Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Brighton play some nice football and if they had a Callum Wilson up front they'd be at least 6 points ahead of us

Minimum. They're a nice football team that just struggle to score goals.

They're aesthetically pleasing, but they obviously have a fundamental problem converting the nice football into goals.

If everyone was fit, I'd fancy us to finish above them, simply due to having a bit if quality in the front three. As gash as Bruce's tactics are, Almiron, ASM and Wilson are far better then anyone Brighton have in those positions.

If everyone was fit, I'd fancy us to finish above them, simply due to having a bit if quality in the front three. As gash as Bruce's tactics are, Almiron, ASM and Wilson are far better then anyone Brighton have in those positions.

Agreed. It's very unfortunate that the damage will likely be done before they are even fit enough to play. Plus how long will it take to get them back up to speed firing on all cylinders.

Plus it's easy to forget, Bruce had Wilson and Almiron for all of that really bleak run until Jones came in and the Everton performance. It's consistent with Bruce, doesn't manage returning injured players or the squad well and then bemoans getting injuries like its purely bad luck. We had injures occur under Rafa but nothing that lead to a "crisis" like We seem to have had all season under Bruce.

God I hate him :)

Kinda need Fulham to have our luck with injuries.

They actually needed a striker and they signed one. We didn't bother with anything as normal as addressing any weaknesses.

Be amazed if there’s not quotes from Bruce saying he was happy with the window.

yup. he licked it clean.

Through my own wilful laziness at not doing anything about my season ticket I've already pre-paid a year in advance for a season of Championship Bruceball.  Has anyone ever made a worse purchase?

NINTCHDBPICT000507979233-e1563982663552.jpg

Through my own wilful laziness at not doing anything about my season ticket I've already pre-paid a year in advance for a season of Championship Bruceball.  Has anyone ever made a worse purchase?

you absolute dick!!!

oh wait a minute.... shit - see u at the ground next season.

Lallana looked like he has goals in him, didn't even realise he was playing for Brighton. Considering he's fit and our trio aren't I'd say advantage them.

Lallana looked like he has goals in him, didn't even realise he was playing for Brighton. Considering he's fit and our trio aren't I'd say advantage them.

1 goal in 31 games.

1 goal in 31 games.

Dunno, he looked well up for it against Leicester, might be about to go on a run. He does actually have some history of scoring in the Premier unlike our ( fit) options.

1 goal in 31 games.

Dunno, he looked well up for it against Leicester, might be about to go on a run. He does actually have some history of scoring in the Premier unlike our ( fit) options.

5 years ago yeah. I don't think they're in any better shape than us, apart from they're more enjoyable to watch.

Faced with that, the loss of a takeover, fan revolt, the loss of PL money, post pandemic fallout, irreversible decline yet we wont sack the very poor manager that is risking it all to even give themselves a chance of avoiding it. Brilliant. I'm speechless in admiration.

It'll definitely be the worst of all the relegations, for a catalogue of reasons. Both because of the impact and ramifications - which could be on an existential scale; but also in how we got into the situation at all. All of the relegations would have been avoidable to some extent, but this one, I mean fucking hell. It's difficult to put into words the scale of mismanagement.

Fucking delighted, Hope it costs Ashley a fortune if we go down. This was all so avoidable months back but no, he, Charnley, Barnes think they know everything

Hope it all blows back in their faces

Lee Charnley must starring in a feature length 'faking it' episode. Ashley is allegedly very hands off now. Why would you leave one of your largest assets in the hands of a serial failure who knows fuck all about football? It's bad for the club and it's bad for his business. Bizarre.

Has there ever been a club ran as poorly as us at this level? Every single decision this regime makes just seems to defy any sort of logic.

Happy to pay 4 mil to hire Bruce but won’t pay the same to sack him when it inevitably went tits up. Penny pinch on transfers to save money but have no contingency plans in place in case the worst happens and we get relegated. I just can’t believe a multi million pound organisation can be so incompetent from top to bottom.

9 now for me. Probably relying on staying in touch with 2 games to go and hoping ASM, Wilson & Almiron bail us out.

In the space of about a week I’ve went from ‘we need to be 4 ahead of Fulham’ before we visit to ‘we need to be within 2 points of them’ going into the last game. What a shit show. :lol: