Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Haven’t done much posting lately, but remember someone (on the old board) saying “where are all the people who voted 0?” Well, I voted 1 at the start of the season, and suffice to say, I’m not at 1 anymore... :suicide:

8 hours ago, Raconteur said:

Haven’t done much posting lately, but remember someone (on the old board) saying “where are all the people who voted 0?” Well, I voted 1 at the start of the season, and suffice to say, I’m not at 1 anymore... :suicide:

I think the scale of Bruce's inadequacy has been surprising. I thought he'd be shit, but I thought he'd be a fairly standard PFM who would play shit football but grind out 40-50 points somehow.

I never expected him to ruin everything as quickly and comprehensively as this. And then, of course, not be sacked. 

really staring down the barrel now,that sinking feeling will become a reality before the sheffield game , everything is pointing to the drop, form,no game plan,players not trying,goal difference,we are probably the un fittest team in the league,but lets have 6 days off,no organisation from top to bottom,injuries & the worst manager in the league by  a mile who doesnt,t even want to be here, yep its a 10 now ,just what i expected really but not this quickly,pretty impressive by bruce ,he ,s like a big fucking wrecking ball

13 hours ago, Disco said:

At least we won’t be able to watch the games if we go down and Butterball is still here.

Check the table every couple of weeks, maybe switch score alerts on, that should really be the standard for Newcastle fans at this point. 

23 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think the scale of Bruce's inadequacy has been surprising. I thought he'd be shit, but I thought he'd be a fairly standard PFM who would play shit football but grind out 40-50 points somehow.

I never expected him to ruin everything as quickly and comprehensively as this. And then, of course, not be sacked. 

I thought last season would be like this one tbh, and it really should have been, he didn't half fluke some of those games. Never had much doubt he'd take us down eventually, every club he's been at has gone into decline after the first year. 

21 hours ago, TRon said:

I thought last season would be like this one tbh, and it really should have been, he didn't half fluke some of those games. Never had much doubt he'd take us down eventually, every club he's been at has gone into decline after the first year. 

He still benefitted from the defensive organisation and team spirit instilled by Benitez last season. Its why playing 5 at the back was somewhat justified as we still were fairly solid, especially before lockdown stopped football. Some of the results like the shitty 0-0s at home to dross we wouldn't have even gotten this season, as this side of the team has been worn off as a result of Bruce's shite coaching and barely training at all. Performances weren't always bad either, especially away from home. That's all gone now though and it's showing him up for the fraud he is.

9 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m a massive fan of not having my weekend ruined by us and all of the teams around us this weekend. Even if it’s only for 1 week. 

Couldn’t agree more....lovely sunny stress free weekend.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He still benefitted from the defensive organisation and team spirit instilled by Benitez last season. Its why playing 5 at the back was somewhat justified as we still were fairly solid, especially before lockdown stopped football. Some of the results like the shitty 0-0s at home to dross we wouldn't have even gotten this season, as this side of the team has been worn off as a result of Bruce's shite coaching and barely training at all. Performances weren't always bad either, especially away from home. That's all gone now though and it's showing him up for the fraud he is.

That was predicted as well, I said it when he came that he would do well for half a season on the back of Rafa's coaching, and then it would gradually fall apart. That's exactly how it's panned out. 

"Newcastle sleepwalking towards the drop"

That was the headline in the Times yesterday, written by Martin Hardy who seems to be the local journalist since Caulkin left. But we aren't sleepwalking, we are well aware of our position and have been for over a month now. We have accepted our relegation and handing contracts to the likes of Shelvey and Gayle underline that. Ashley must really be pinning his hopes on winning damages against the PL. 

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

"Newcastle sleepwalking towards the drop"

That was the headline in the Times yesterday, written by Martin Hardy who seems to be the local journalist since Caulkin left. But we aren't sleepwalking, we are well aware of our position and have been for over a month now. We have accepted our relegation and handing contracts to the likes of Shelvey and Gayle underline that. Ashley must really be pinning his hopes on winning damages against the PL. 

Aye, spot on.

It’s as deliberate an attempt at self sabotage that I’ve known as a football fan in 30+ years.

8 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Aye, spot on.

It’s as deliberate an attempt at self sabotage that I’ve known as a football fan in 30+ years.

Eyes Wide Shut would have been a more accurate headline. 

I think Fulham can beat Villa today whereas we have no chance of getting three points. Villa have been poor recently and it’s looking likely to me that Fulham will be out of the bottom three this evening 

This sums up my thoughts:

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm not trying to overdo the negativity but that's the exact sort of performance/result you 'cheer' (I know no one's cheering), but it's still got relegation all over it. Spurs were there for the taking but we still couldn't put them away, but the manager will laud the improved performance. Aye it was an improvement on Brighton but, by all accounts, it couldn't have got any worse. 

Better than a defeat but very fearful it still won't be enough.