Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

12 hours ago, huss9 said:

best thing may be for us to get bummed every game for the rest of the season but pick up a flukey draw against sheff utd.

would give the "bruce turns it round" mob a 2 finger salute.

Yeah, ideal result is finishing 4th bottom with as many heavy defeats as that allows.

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Our biggest game until the end of season could be Fulham-Burnley. That holds the key for Fulham’s chances.

Yes. Burnley now start the game knowing a win puts their safety to bed so last night's result was a good one for us. 

1 hour ago, veriaqa said:

People have more trust in Burnley to beat Fulham, but believe that Fulham will gain points against Man Red in old trafford.  

Man Utd don’t have anything to play for and have a final to come so could realistically look to protect some of their better players 

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Man Utd don’t have anything to play for and have a final to come so could realistically look to protect some of their better players 

That will definitely happen. I would have more faith in Burnley beating them tbh. The only team Man U would be guaranteed to beat would be us, because Bruce would never dream of challenging a team of Man U's stature. 

13 hours ago, andyc35i said:

Funnily enough I thought that about Arsenal on Sunday! (replace Final with Semi).

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Funnily enough I thought that about Arsenal on Sunday! (replace Final with Semi).

Our manager is a fucking coward though. Still thinks Arsenal have Henry and Bergkamp running the show and set us up to let them stroll past us. 

7 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Our manager is a fucking coward though. Still thinks Arsenal have Henry and Bergkamp running the show and set us up to let them stroll past us. 

They could have played their U-18s and still won comfortably with the collective effort our lot put in.

And Bruce would still remind us of how it's tough against 'big teams with big players'

I'm totally in the I hope we finish 4th bottom camp. Couldn't bear anymore arrogance from Bruce or reading stuff from his fan club both in media and on fb.

Let's just get over this crappy season with some, reducing, hope of better things around the corner. No change this summer and my interest and love of this club drops even further.

8 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

I'm totally in the I hope we finish 4th bottom camp. Couldn't bear anymore arrogance from Bruce or reading stuff from his fan club both in media and on fb.

Let's just get over this crappy season with some, reducing, hope of better things around the corner. No change this summer and my interest and love of this club drops even further.

I'm definitely finished following this club if Bruce is still here next season. I'm hardly in it now tbh. I think my head will explode if I've got to listen to that fucktard for another season 

1 hour ago, frankpingel said:

Oh you'll get the arrogance if we finish 4th bottom.
We will have maintained premier league status therefore Bruce has achieve success in the eyes of his supporters.

1 hour ago, Bishops Finger said:

I'm definitely finished following this club if Bruce is still here next season. I'm hardly in it now tbh. I think my head will explode if I've got to listen to that fucktard for another season 

Same I think. Actually kind of wanted us to go down so I could watch the premier league without hearing about us. 

This season has been rotten inside and outside NUFC - for football at large I don't know how anyone could spin it. 14 also-rans Vs the 6's ESL. Bruce changing the target goalposts. His throwing of players under the bus, the BLM/online discourse and Bruce hijacking it to make himself look the victim. NUFC a one/two man team. Fake fan noise. Demonising fans online. Horrendous winless streaks. Multiple clubs abusing the furlough including NUFC. The PL blocking the takeover. The discourse surrounding the takeover. Fans having to argue of the ethics of it all whilst Sky pontificate. Stories about the Qatar world cup. Bullshit CL reform. Far from the beautiful game as it's ever been.

What do I/we really get from it anymore other than a set of colours to blindly cheer? Contempt and a hand thrust outward to cough up for the privilege. 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Same I think. Actually kind of wanted us to go down so I could watch the premier league without hearing about us. 

Yeah same. I was just hoping we'd stay up so there might still be a chance of the takeover. It's my only hope. After this season I'll find something else to waste my time on

The more I hear that the takeover may not be done over the summer and that Bruce will remain, the more I feel like we've wasted a lot of emotional energy over the past few months. All that effort into hoping we survive.... for nothing. Because Bruce will take us down next season.

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

The more I hear that the takeover may not be done over the summer and that Bruce will remain, the more I feel like we've wasted a lot of emotional energy over the past few months. All that effort into hoping we survive.... for nothing. Because Bruce will take us down next season.

Yeah but, maybe a takeover by January, or next summer. Probably worth giving him a one year extension in case there's a takeover close the following January, or summer too.

3 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

He won't be in charge when we go down, he'll be sacked before. But, as I've said several times during this season, he won't be sacked as long as Newcastle are 17th are higher, I'd put my house on it. He's only leaving by resignation/contract expiry/retirement whilst Newcastle are above 18th.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You can cross contract expiry off that list, they'll offer him a new contract. 

See Rafa..  and he'll see it as his 'escape with dignity' choice.