Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

In truth we had some big players out , our 3 biggest, take that out of any team and it’s tough let alone a club like ours and ya gonna struggle.

At times our hate of Bruce(quite rightly) blinds us to that fact. When we are all fully stocked up we are a  decent mid table side , nothing more nothing less. So does Bruce deserve some sympathy? You make ya own mind up , it’s his kunty ways of doing things , his inability to change a game etc etc but the bare fact is that he has assembled a team when fully fit are a decent unit  that can mix it with the top half teams .

It feels like the team sorts the pattern of play though, not fatty. :lol:

Until Ashley goes this it mind .

1 hour ago, Rocker said:

Form table [emoji38]

Untitledfff.png

Hardly a proper form table when we've played 6 and other teams have only played 4. It's usually last 6 games for everyone, unless it's been drafted up by Steve Bruce because he can spin anything.

8 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

No way this NUFC team get relegated now, it will take a biblical god like intervention for Fulham to catch NUFC. 

Step forward Mighty Mitro your time has come. 

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

In truth we had some big players out , our 3 biggest, take that out of any team and it’s tough let alone a club like ours and ya gonna struggle.

At times our hate of Bruce(quite rightly) blinds us to that fact. When we are all fully stocked up we are a  decent mid table side , nothing more nothing less. So does Bruce deserve some sympathy? You make ya own mind up , it’s his kunty ways of doing things , his inability to change a game etc etc but the bare fact is that he has assembled a team when fully fit are a decent unit  that can mix it with the top half teams .

It feels like the team sorts the pattern of play though, not fatty. :lol:

Until Ashley goes this it mind .

The only credit Bruce deserves is that he managed to turn the results around after Brighton. But that was more down to individual brilliance than anything he influenced. We have been an absolutely terrible team at the best of times over the last two years and lucky to be considered mid-table. The players signed have been purchased over his head and he had no say in them. Maybe you could say Wilson was his choice, but I am pretty sure Rafa wanted to sign him for many years and Bruce just benefited from a relegation price

35 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If we'd lost every single game after the Brighton debacle (i.e. another 7 defeats on the bounce) we still wouldn't even be in the relegation zone ffs. Sure, the form of some players has rendered the finale with Fulham redundant, but our relegation fight has been taken entirely out of our hands. It was never happening. 

Once again, happy to admit that I'm relying on hindsight to form these conclusions; it's not intended as a 'told you so'. 

Fulham has had some rotten luck though with those last second goals from Arsenal and Wolves. Really don't buy your narrative that we haven't been close. We had two wins in 20 games there for a while man, we were on a run that equalled Sheffield Uniteds shitness. 

10 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

No way this NUFC team get relegated now, it will take a biblical god like intervention for Fulham to catch NUFC. 

Fulham Will pip us on the final day. Maja will be the man to relegate us. The mackems have been promising us this for weeks.

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Hardly a proper form table when we've played 6 and other teams have only played 4. It's usually last 6 games for everyone, unless it's been drafted up by Steve Bruce because he can spin anything.

Still 11 points from 6 games tbf.

Just now, samptime29 said:

Still 11 points from 6 games tbf.

Can't argue it's been some turnaround but the idea of a form table is comparison. And surely for a true comparison everyone has to have played the same amount of fixtures or it's not really a form table.

There were three games in a row (Villa, Wolves, Arsenal) where Fulham shipped late goals. I wouldn't say that's bad luck, its a trend. I just don't think they had the confidence to see out those games.

5 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Fulham Will pip us on the final day. Maja will be the man to relegate us. The mackems have been promising us this for weeks.

You just know the mackems have been worshiping Ba'al, sacrificing their kids as an offering to intervene and relegate NUFC. 

28 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

We're joint third if it's taken from the last 6 games played from every team.

We’ve been getting results but it’s similar to last season, individual players performing well/opposition gifting us goals rather than tactics or proper management.

Willock has been sensational and ASM/Miggy/Wilson will always cause problems.

If we had a fully fit team all season, we’d comfortably be midtable despite Bruce. The problem is, this team with a proper manager could be challenging for Europe.

Funny really. We’ve been told all season how shit the team is, when in reality it definitely isn’t.

37 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

We're in good form though. Anyone  suggesting otherwise is just as guilty of spinning the situation. 

Still wouldn't be a surprise to lose the remaining games though, would it? :lol:

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Can't argue it's been some turnaround but the idea of a form table is comparison. And surely for a true comparison everyone has to have played the same amount of fixtures or it's not really a form table.

Fair enough.

I'm amazed that there are still people in this thread who think there's any chance at all that we'll go down this season. It was over before yesterday never mind after another win. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Decky said:

I'm amazed that there are still people in this thread who think there's any chance at all that we'll go down this season. It was over before yesterday never mind after another win. 

This is NUFC, let’s just make it mathematically impossible first...

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

This is NUFC, let’s just make it mathematically impossible first...

Nah,  I'm rarely optimistic about Newcastle but the chances of relegation are miniscule 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, 1964 said:

Nah,  I'm rarely optimistic about Newcastle but the chances of relegation are miniscule 

True, but again, this is NUFC...

8 hours ago, Nobody said:

Fulham has had some rotten luck though with those last second goals from Arsenal and Wolves. Really don't buy your narrative that we haven't been close. We had two wins in 20 games there for a while man, we were on a run that equalled Sheffield Uniteds shitness. 

I haven't said we weren't close. I'm saying that it was simply never gonna happen, despite how terrible we've been and how close we got. Even a record-breakingly bad run of results (which we curtailed when ASM returned) wouldn't have put us in the relegation zone. 

40 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I haven't said we weren't close. I'm saying that it was simply never gonna happen, despite how terrible we've been and how close we got. Even a record-breakingly bad run of results (which we curtailed when ASM returned) wouldn't have put us in the relegation zone. 

But we easily could have been though. We were in the relegation zone for a brief time during the Villa - Fulham game. We were in deep, deep shit and only a few very late goals against Fulham and for us is what has seen us safe. 

Fwiw, I'd have Parker over Bruce any day of the week as a manager 

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:
1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

But we easily could have been though.

Could've been relegated, do you mean? If so, I guess that's where we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think the fact we're 12 points clear as we speak pretty well proves that it was never on the cards, despite the flirtation. 

That’s the weird thing about football, we tend to reassess our predictions too often based on form.

I thought we were going to go down at one point. But at the end of the day, if you get a point a game (which is really shit) you stay up.

When Bruce trots out his appalling ‘accumulation of points’ line, that’s what he means. He knows how low his objective is, and he knows that it doesn’t really matter if you lose a hell of a lot of games.

Sad but true.