Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Anyone else almost a little bit disappointed with how "easy" it ended up being after all? Here we've been stressing about this shit for months, and when it came down to it, there wasn't really any excitement, no last minute drama, just the bottom three going out with a whimper. 

Can't be that common that the three relegation spots are all decided this early like? 

15 hours ago, samptime29 said:

We were never in the relegation zone tbf. My main point was a lot of people were sucking Fulham off and they've had a horrendous home record all season. It just didn't add up.

Fulham had a run of good results just as we were going into a nosedive. Most of the journalists started speculating we could be caught by Fulham, and I'm pretty sure you were a bit worried as well. 

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Fulham had a run of good results just as we were going into a nosedive. Most of the journalists started speculating we could be caught by Fulham, and I'm pretty sure you were a bit worried as well. 

Certainly after Brighton I was worried because it was our worse performance in years. 

Fulham started badly but, once all their late signings settled into a new team, lost 3 times from 15 games then beat Liverpool shortly after.

Meanwhile we were pathetic without ASM and Wilson. It just seemed inevitable that their momentum would catch us. 

Then, once they took the lead at Villa Park to finally escape the bottom three, they collapsed. Mad.

If Fulham had binned that gormless twat Parker off sooner they'd have given themselves a fighting chance. Some decent enough players in that squad to have given something other than a meek surrender.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Maja was an odd one, I thought he was going to save them but he immediately got taken out.

Then they come up against Burnley, and they finally pick Mitro in a game he doesn't stand a chance. 

Should have tried Maja and Mitro together. 9 home league goals in 18 games is horrendous.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Maja was an odd one, I thought he was going to save them but he immediately got taken out.

Then they come up against Burnley, and they finally pick Mitro in a game he doesn't stand a chance. 

They started playing Mitro for a bit after the international break when he scored a few as well. Could have been a costly mistake. 

35 minutes ago, toon25 said:

If Fulham had binned that gormless twat Parker off sooner they'd have given themselves a fighting chance. Some decent enough players in that squad to have given something other than a meek surrender.

This is the kind of thing we need to hear on MOTD. Would make it much more watchable.

• 2 weeks later...

We had 28 points when Brighton beat us, btw. So we could have lost every single remaining game and still stayed up. Was never happening. 

Edit actually no Fulham would have overtaken us today had they won in that scenario. :lol: but you see where I'm coming from. 

Now all depends on who stays and who we get on a Bosman.
Have to say though, given how this season went, I'm starting next season on a very firm 0.
Perennial yoyo's Norwich and Watford will be down and around there straight off.

I mean, look. If Bruce is still the manager we will be in and around the bottom places. If ASM stays, and is fit, and Wilson is fit, both for 75% of the season we will be safe. If you add Willock we will finish around where we did this year more or less. That’s about it. Unless they get rid of Bruce and bring in a better manager that’s probably our season in a nutshell. We will go hot and cold and sneak it. 

what a time to be alive. 

• 2 months later...