Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If Leeds beat Fulham on Friday night we will be 2 points clear of them with 2 games in hand,  Its up to us then if we want to be a Premier League team or not

Depends which Leeds show up, as they either look great or total s***. I honestly fancy Fulham to win and us being in the bottom 3 by the time we play

If Leeds beat Fulham on Friday night we will be 2 points clear of them with 2 games in hand,  Its up to us then if we want to be a Premier League team or not

Depends which Leeds show up, as they either look great or total s***. I honestly fancy Fulham to win and us being in the bottom 3 by the time we play

That's it, you never know with other teams but with us, we know we'll be shite no matter what.

It's too late whether we sack Bruce after losing to Brighton or not. We all saw the window of opportunity after christmas but the latch was always on and the letch remains.

In fairness to Bruce he has over delivered. I was expecting us to he relegated last year.

We have stunk the league out all season, there’s more things in life I care about more than this club now .

Never do I want us beat or relegated but as for caring and getting annoyed, it’s all been sucked out of me .

If we get relegated I simply wouldn’t bat an eye, I just wouldn’t.

The thing is though how long have we been saying that?

If we had beat Villa we would be 4 points ahead of Fulham, above Brighton by a point, and only 3 behind a Southampton team in free fall.

If we had beat WBA we would be 4 points ahead of Fulham, above Brighton by a point, and only 3 behind a Southampton team in free fall.

If we had beat Wolves we would be 4 points ahead of Fulham, above Brighton by a point, and only 3 behind a Southampton team in free fall.

Let’s say Leeds do us a favour on Friday night by turning up and beating Fulham. If we beat Brighton then we go 5 points ahead of Fulham, 2 points ahead of Brighton, and are only 2 behind a Southampton team in free fall.

It sounds good doesn’t it? The thing is though we are not taking our chances.

In each of our 2 relegations from the Premier League we have had winnable fixtures where we say if we win that then all of a sudden we are in a good position. We don’t win though. Fulham in the 08/09 season was a good example where we just needed that winning goal to go in, even Villa on the final day we just needed a draw.

In 15/16 if we won against Norwich we would have been in a good position, we didn’t. If we beat a very very poor Villa team we would have been in a good position, we didn’t.

The problem right now is we are not beating these teams. Wolves on paper was a tough game, but in reality the win was in our hands and we let it slip. WBA we should have won, after half an hour of huffing a puffing we gave up and seemed to settle for a point that was really no good.

Against Villa we should have won, they were poor in all honesty, but again after having a period of huffing and puffing we gave up and seemed to accept the point and were 3 seconds away from losing the game.

Every year the 3rd last team who goes down is either a team who started the 1st half of the season well and just fell away in the 2nd half of the season, or a team who have been in the relegation zone, then have a late surge of results but just fall short and run out of steam, much like Watford last year.

Each time we have went down we have been the 1st example, and look good for doing that this time around.

We are left hoping that Fulham will do what Watford did last season.

Parker will be telling his team they'll stay up and can win all their games.

Ours will be telling our players how good the opposition are and how tough everything is.

The loser mentality, it's rife through our manger and club.

Ours will be telling our players how good the opposition are and how tough everything is.

So true. Bruce is such a coward

He’s already started getting excuses in with COVID. Any other PL club and this f***er would have been long gone, in fact he wouldn’t have been here in the first place. Incredibly Ashley has surpassed himself again on how not to run a football club, extraordinary considering he has a supposed 350 takeover in the background. This time it will come to bite him in the arse when the takeover collapses and he has a half full stadium next year in the Championship.

Nailed on.

He’s already started getting excuses in with COVID. Any other PL club and this f***er would have been long gone, in fact he wouldn’t have been here in the first place. Incredibly Ashley has surpassed himself again on how not to run a football club, extraordinary considering he has a supposed 350 takeover in the background. This time it will come to bite him in the arse when the takeover collapses and he has a half full stadium next year in the Championship.

I think you're a bit optimistic saying a half full stadium tbh

Wouldn’t argue with you on that either

It will be pretty full , no matter what division, I’d say 45k average would watch turnips grow .

It will be pretty full , no matter what division, I’d say 45k average would watch turnips grow .

And here's where our problems lie, paying uncle Mike  to do the same thing over and over

8 at the minute, 9 if Brighton beat us, 7 if we beat them. I don’t think we’ll do it.

We needed Bruce out about 2 months ago with a new manager in place to assess things then have the last 3 games. 3 points from 3 average sides has hit us massively, needed 6 or 7.

If, for whatever stroke of luck, we were to beat Brighton, I reckon we would send them down... they have a nasty run of five games after ours which would send them into a downward spiral.

If we beat this lot we would have burnley and Wham which are semi winnable and could have our "big guns" back for then.

Positive spin... you have to try though!

Looks like it'll be a Leeds without Bamford. Definitely fancy Fulham to best them.

That’s mental. :lol:

Also accurate. For context Wolves are 9/2 against Liverpool tonight. They think that’s more likely than us beating a team only 1 point further ahead.

The odds are dictated by the weight of money people place on the outcomes, rather than the chance of the outcome occurring.

No chance

Assuming results go how we expect them (or how form would suggest), we lose to Brighton and Fulham beat Leeds. I wonder if there’s any hope the club would consider sacking him going into the international break and trying to get a new manager bounce to keep us up?

I think it’s too late regardless. I wonder if it’s something they’d consider though?