Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

30 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

In a relegation battle between Fat Sam and Fat Steve, I know who my money is on. Obviously with an 8 point gap it's not a relegation battle, yet. But if WBA win at the weekend and we lose it might become one.

You won’t get the chance to find out.

5 hours ago, et tu brute said:

You won’t get the chance to find out.

I love your “positive Optimism “ towards us not getting relegated......shame you don’t see the same about our takeover.....but that’s another story😁

Let’s face it if we go down this season it will be the most avoidable and disastrous relegation ever. Whilst ultimately Ashley is to blame for everything, let’s be in no doubt with the players at his disposal Bruce will go down as the biggest disaster in this club’s history. I still fear the useless arrogant cunt will keep us mired in this to the last game. Tomorrow is vital and without Lascelles and Hayden I worry our spine is being ripped out for the battle ahead. If the cunt makes that cretin Shelvey captain I really fear the worst for us.

Edited by Whitley mag

9 hours ago, gdm said:

Burnley is a must win. Not only would we extend gap on Fulham it would also bring Burnley and potentially Brighton back in to it

I disagree GDM .after last night a point will be ok, I think he may not risk Wilson starting now , hope I'm wrong like. A win would of course be massive.

Guest HTT II

Two more wins and we should be safe you’d think come the end of the season, however, I can’t see us getting those two wins more than I can see us getting 4 draws for example...

9 minutes ago, GWN said:

I disagree GDM .after last night a point will be ok, I think he may not risk Wilson starting now , hope I'm wrong like. A win would of course be massive.

Must win may have been a bit strong but it would be huge and I could relax a bit

2 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

I love your “positive Optimism “ towards us not getting relegated......shame you don’t see the same about our takeover.....but that’s another story😁

This is not optimism though, not with a 8 point lead. Big difference.

I just dont think Fulham and West Brom are good enough to catch us, nothing to do with Bruce and everything to do with a couple of class players in our team and a few terrible opposing team performances 

4 hours ago, CalmintheChaos said:

West Brom 2005 and Sunderland 2014 say hello 

If WBA catch us, then Fulham already have and the argument of WBA catching us is moot in anyway.

Edited by Stifler

So, both us and Fulham have Burnley to play. Let's assume we get the same result as each other in that one.

We have two games in hand, but I say write off Man City and Leicester in our run in. Funnily enough, I wouldn't rule out a point at Liverpool either given the form they've been in, and that other bottom teams have got something there. But anyway, let's assume not.

That leaves Fulham eyeing 3 points against Southampton, and us 3 at Sheff U (which of course we've blown once already, but let's assume).

Even assuming that, I still think that puts us in a likely last day shoot out with Fulham, where a win for them sends us down on GD.

Funnily enough, I'd rather we were below them in the league going into that scenario, which I know sounds stupid.

I just think it's much clearer knowing you've got to go for a win, rather than thinking a draw is enough and that putting doubt into your minds.

The fear of losing your 'advantage' rather than going for it can do funny things. I think that's why you often get a team dropping into relegation contention late in the season, or a third placed team fluffing a play off game.

7 hours ago, jackyboy said:

We need to get 4 points ahead of Fulham. If we go into that last game with just the 3 points and a worse goal average then I don't fancy our chances with the fat slob in charge

Agree 100%. We have to be safe before that game, even without the fat slob in charge, all the psychological pressure would be on us for several reasons. Safe all season until the final game, and the added pressure of being the big club up against a little hometown one. 

It would need a manager of Rafa's clinical precision and cool head to navigate that minefield. 

We deserve to get relegated and I hope we do, a month or so ago I thought we would but Fulham have turned so shit recently I think we'll just about stay up. And then another season of stinking up the league with the fat oafs owning and managing the club. Can't wait.

Last day of the season we'll be third from bottom, ahead of Fulham by 3 points, on level GD. WBA will be 1 point ahead of us. Think of the excitement as both games enter the 90th minute, at 0-0.

Edited by Happinesstan

Fulham have scored four times in their last eight games, and seven in their last twelve. Not what you want from a team needing to win games. Seasonwise, it looks like the XG stat loves them, so maybe they are where they are due to shit finishing.

If Wilson, Miggy and ASM play much in the remaining games, I think we'll be okay.