Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

13 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m just worried by the fact that we have 3 guaranteed losses from the last 7 so could easily be relying on the home game with Sheffield United game for the next win. Hopefully today’s result has destroyed all the hope Fulham had and don’t pull off a shock in those hard away games that they have left 

I honestly think there’s points available in both the West Ham and Arsenal games also.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

One draw and beat Sheffield and we have 36, which means Fulham need 10. Can’t see them doing that.

I still think we need a win somewhere though, not sure we have the fixtures to get 4 points from draws. 

That's probably more realistic aye. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If we play like we did today we’ll get destroyed by both. But not sure when ASM/Wilson will be ready to start. 

Yeah all depends on Wilson and St Max playing and I would have Willock in for Shelvey (though I know he won’t )

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’ll be massively worrying if we aren’t safe by then mind :lol:

Just can only see a maximum of 2 points from the next few games. Contrive to beat one of West Ham or Arsenal and I think that's us done. But I think Fulham have 1 more win in them for no real reason and I can't see us picking up 3 points until that Sheffield United game.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Just can only see a maximum of 2 points from the next few games. Contrive to beat one of West Ham or Arsenal and I think that's us done. But I think Fulham have 1 more win in them for no real reason and I can't see us picking up 3 points until that Sheffield United game.

I agree, I just think we’ll be shitting ourselves.  Unless Fulham have completely imploded. 

Man City quite likely will have won the league by the time we play them too. 

If we can get a point at least next weekend against West Ham the Fulham players heads might finally drop against Arsenal the day after. Can't rely on Arsenal for anything though.

FULHAM (26)

Arsenal (a) - 1pt

Chelsea (a) - 0pts

Burnley (H) - 3pts

Southampton (a) - 1pt 

Man Utd (a) - 0pts

Newcastle (H) - 3pts

Let's say Fulham get those results (which looks a bit kind tbh), it only puts them on 34pts. We're now on 32.

I'm still a 5 or 6. If fulham manage to get 3 points more than us between now and that final game of the season, it'll make it a straight shootout for who goes down and I honestly believe it'll be us. Bruce will fuck it up. 

Current odds 1/4 us, 7/2 Fulham, so obviously a hell of a lot better than a couple of matches ago when we were odds on. 3 defeats in a row for Fulham, and all of them fairly 'winnable' on paper (4 including the expected defeat to Man City), and some of them lost from decent positions.

Still not fully confident, just because we have to play them on the final day, but beat Sheff U, and nick a couple of points from the tough 5 games coming up, then hopefully we will be 4 points clear going into that potential huge match. They will almost certainly have to beat us on the last game of the season now, although as someone said earlier, that may not be a bad thing from their perspective, i.e. nothing to defend.

Fixture placing could be crucial. Ours isn't great, bar maybe Man City, who will be able to put out any team to get the job done, but Fulham play Arsenal next weekend, just 3 days after they get back from Prague in the Europa, and Man Utd may well have 2nd place confirmed (can't finish 1st, can't finish 3rd) by the time they play Fulham on the 2nd last day, and I'd far rather play a weaker Man Utd, than a weaker Man City. 

Still a few possible twists and turns to come, but looking so much better than it was.

Fulham struggle to score and though they play some good stuff (so did Norwich) I just can’t see them winning games. With Wilson and St Max back, just think we have better players in forward positions than what Fulham have, to be able to get the necessary points. Wouldn’t actually surprise me if we already have enough points. 

This weekend has been pivotal, major collapse to go down now , Sheffield game should see us safe , anything inbetween would be a big big bonus. Without our big players we are honking mind .