Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

25 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Perhaps after tonight’s result we should be more concerned with WBA than Fulham......an 8 point gap looks big enough but their next 2 games are Villa and Wolves...not inconceivable that they they could be 2 points behind us in a fortnight.....looks like perhaps 5 teams now involved in the scrap.

No it’s not their next game is Leicester away.

12 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

No it’s not their next game is Leicester away.

Missed that one....Villa and wolves after that.....anyway Stifler is right...if we can pick up a few points in our next 3 games then we’ll be safe...BUT if we get nothing from WHU, Liverpool and Arsenal, then IMO it will be WBA and not Fulham who we have to keep an eye on.

Edited by Jinky Jim

18 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Missed that one....Villa and wolves after that.....anyway Stifler is right...if we can pick up a few points in our next 3 games then we’ll be safe...BUT if we get nothing from WHU, Liverpool and Arsenal, then IMO it will be WBA and not Fulham who we have to keep an eye on.

I still can’t see West Brom or Fulham catching us now especially with Wilson and St Max returning. Time will tell though.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I still can’t see West Brom or Fulham catching us now especially with Wilson and St Max returning. Time will tell though.

I'm of the same opinion, but believed WBA’s run of winnable games was always likely to put them in a closer position to us rather than Fulham.

4 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

I'm of the same opinion, but believed WBA’s run of winnable games was always likely to put them in a closer position to us rather than Fulham.

Leicester, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds, derby against Villa (4 of these away) just can’t see many winnable games out of that lot. Then you add Wolves and West Ham which won’t be easy either. 

28 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Leicester, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds, derby against Villa (4 of these away) just can’t see many winnable games out of that lot. Then you add Wolves and West Ham which won’t be easy either. 

Looking at it like that you’re probably right...forgot Villa is a Derby.....mind you Wolves without Neto might be a tad easier.

3 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Just did the predictor again, gave us 4 more points, West Brom 5 points and Fulham 7, including beating us on the final day.

We stayed up by 3 points.

I’d take that! I would love it if we managed to get a shock win from somewhere that gets us safe earlier than Sheffield United. But that’s never gonna happen is it...

5 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’d take that! I would love it if we managed to get a shock win from somewhere that gets us safe earlier than Sheffield United. But that’s never gonna happen is it...

If we can win on Sat it's pretty much done.

4 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Just did the predictor again, gave us 4 more points, West Brom 5 points and Fulham 7, including beating us on the final day.

We stayed up by 3 points.

As last no as we’re safe going into the last game I’m ok with that. I forecast us getting another 7 points - 10 points with wins against West Ham (possible), Sheff Utd and Fulham. Had us as a point against Arsenal and losing the other 3. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Worth posting looking at what Villa did. Also though for the turnaround at West Ham. 

Also worth noting that Villa stayed up on a VAR+Hawkeye error. 

West ham are playing very well at the moment. Solid team and lingaard has given them a breath of fresh air up front with the tank.

We would have to be at our very best to get something from this.

Can only see Sheffield and Fulham as our possible point sources... 6 points would keep us up.

Burnley´s run in is very hard and they are only a point above us.

I can't call the West Ham game. A few weeks back I'd have thought it was a certain defeat, but a few injuries later and West Ham look way more vulnerable at the back. It's just a shame we don't have Hayden to keep an eye on Lingard.

It won't be an easy game, but certainly one we should be targeting given the fixtures coming up.

Guest HTT II

4 more points would GUARANTEE our safety, 3 more points only from now to going into the final game and it’s close to the wire. 

Edited by HTT II

I think I’m a 5. Logic would suggest we’ll stay up, Fulham have wasted loads of winnable games. We’ve got the worst manager in the league though. If Fulham win one more game than us and beat us on the final day we’re down. Every season there seems to be one team that gets themselves out of the shit late on. 

I’ve got a feeling we’ll get something v West Ham. They’re due a cock up against a team they should beat. A win there would all but secure us. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

So West Brom have won 5 times in 31 games and we now expect them to win another 3 in the next 7?

I reckon we only need 1 more point, which shows just how shite the bottom teams are this season.

When push comes to shove - If there's togetherness and determination in the squad - every PL team has enough quality to win against anyone (apart from City), regardless of stature/tactics. 

Our players must not get complacent, I feel both Fulham and WBA will step up a gear in the following weeks.

1 minute ago, junkhead said:

When push comes to shove - If there's togetherness and determination in the squad - every PL team has enough quality to win against anyone (apart from City), regardless of stature/tactics. 

Our players must not get complacent, I feel both Fulham and WBA will step up a gear in the following weeks.

We've been worried about Fulham on this board since January. They've picked up 15 points in 17 games. What makes you think they have the capacity to "step up a gear" just because it's their last 6 games?

By the way, Fulham haven't won at Southampton since the 1930's in the league, and that's looking like their easiest game (apart from against us I guess).

Guest neesy111
Just now, Shearergol said:

We've been worried about Fulham on this board since January. They've picked up 15 points in 17 games. What makes you think they have the capacity to "step up a gear" just because it's their last 6 games?

By the way, Fulham haven't won at Southampton since the 1930's in the league, and that's looking like their easiest game (apart from against us I guess).

I get this, but using their fixture history is pretty straw man argument.  These 2 probably haven't played that many games against each other across their history.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I get this, but using their fixture history is pretty straw man argument.  These 2 probably haven't played that many games against each other across their history.

Ok, they haven't won at Southampton in 8 Premiership games :lol:

Yeah, doesn't sound quite as impressive does it.

I genuinely think we only need a point. Fortunately West Brom don't have Fulham's advantage with goal difference.

3 hours ago, buzza said:

West ham are playing very well at the moment. Solid team and lingaard has given them a breath of fresh air up front with the tank.

We would have to be at our very best to get something from this.

Can only see Sheffield and Fulham as our possible point sources... 6 points would keep us up.

Burnley´s run in is very hard and they are only a point above us.

Souček is an absolute god. I've read an article on how he came into football, and how he was overlooked in his junior years as having no outstanding qualities. Has the football brain of Einstein. Pleased to see them doing well for a change, nice to see a club moving in the right direction for once, knowing that'll it'll never be us under MA. It's like basking in their reflected glory.