Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

It's a weird turnaround from West Ham.

From the outside it kind of seemed like they were continuing their shite policy of overpaying for players who didn't want to be there and over-reliance on Antonio... but then it turned out that most of them were actually good.

And Moyes has done really well of course.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

From the outside it kind of seemed like they were continuing their shite policy of overpaying for players who didn't want to be there and over-reliance on Antonio... but then it turned out that most of them were actually good.

IMO, has a feeling of when we finished 5th tbh.  They've found a system that works etc, maintaining momentim but mainly exploting how poor the league is this year.

I truly believe that we could have been in their position this year if Rafa was still in charge. This has turned into one of those freak seasons where a European finish would have been possible and then you can kick on from there

52 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I truly believe that we could have been in their position this year if Rafa was still in charge. This has turned into one of those freak seasons where a European finish would have been possible and then you can kick on from there

No doubt at all, given a few decent signings.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No doubt at all, given a few decent signings.

Not too sure, even Ancelotti's Everton aren't exactly tearing it up as I would have thought after the first couple of games this season.

19 minutes ago, HawK said:

Not too sure, even Ancelotti's Everton aren't exactly tearing it up as I would have thought after the first couple of games this season.

They're loads better than last season though.

Edited by Shearergol

I'm a 7 after last weekend. We've shown time and time again that we can go games without winning and its not inconceivable that we might not win a game again. If we lose to West Ham this weekend its going to be squeaky bum time for us again before we play Sheffield United. 

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Getting a player like Lingaard from a CL club has made a massive difference. We are talking about a match winner, not a left back. I think being able to score a player like that on loan skews the picture somewhat. Fair enough if there's a fee agreed to make it permanent when the loan deal finishes. 

On 11/04/2021 at 18:46, RodneyCisse said:

6 games for Fulham to get 6 points just to be level with us just isn’t happening. Cabbageheed has been saved by the likes of ASM and Wilson who shouldn’t even be close to this team in terms of the talent.

This really isn’t much. We’ve 4-5 games where we won’t be favourites next. They only need one to give them a chance. If it goes to the last game I know where my money is going.

On 14/04/2021 at 17:54, TRon said:

Getting a player like Lingaard from a CL club has made a massive difference. We are talking about a match winner, not a left back. I think being able to score a player like that on loan skews the picture somewhat. Fair enough if there's a fee agreed to make it permanent when the loan deal finishes. 

They were doing well long before bringing Lingard in. That said, there was absolutely nothing to suggest he'd go on the run he has. He's an average player in the form of his career.

8 hours ago, Candi_Hills said:

We're losing the next four after West Ham and will probably lose to West Ham. Our arses will be going 5 pence 50 pence against Sheff Utd.

Arsenal getting to the EL semis is a bonus. Definitely a game we should be targeting a point from.

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

They were doing well long before bringing Lingard in. That said, there was absolutely nothing to suggest he'd go on the run he has. He's an average player in the form of his career.

I don't think they'd be CL contenders without his contribution in the last few months regardless of how well they were doing. He's added a touch of pace and firepower which has made WH look a lot more complete as a team. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I don't think they'd be CL contenders without his contribution in the last few months regardless of how well they were doing. He's added a touch of pace and firepower which has made WH look a lot more complete as a team. 

Definitely. They’ve lost Antonio and Rice recently and would have struggled to keep the pace without Lingard.