Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

1 minute ago, BlackandWhite said:

If we beat Sheffield United at home that should be it.  We could lose every other game, and I still believe we’d stay up.

If we can’t beat Sheffield United at home we’d deserve to go down.

Of course, but we really want it done before then. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Of course, but we really want it done before then. 

Lucky for Bruce it will be, if we go into the last two games still needing results we'll bottle it. Just have to see today's shambles to see that. 

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Lucky for Bruce it will be, if we go into the last two games still needing results we'll bottle it. Just have to see today's shambles to see that. 

If we'd blown it today, lost the next four hard games (which we might) and Fulham nicked 3 points somewhere, I could also see us bottling the last two games. Today was massive. Not just for the points but also a right kick in the bollocks for Fulham. If the takeover goes through, and it was because we stayed in the PL, then this game was the biggest in the club's history ever ever ever and Grey's Moument should be renamed Willock's Pole.

Edited by Candi_Hills

5 hours ago, Nobody said:

Should be safe, but could still be squeeky bum time if we lose our next four and Fulham best Burnley and Saints 

Anyone who bets would tell you it's not as straight forward as it seems. 

I get the nerves cuz this is NUFC and we're quite capable of imploding at any time, especially with stodgy Steve in charge. But none of the teams below us have shown at any time that they're capable of putting in the run or results in they'd need to close a 9 point gap in 6 games. Solid 1 for me now.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Wonder if Brighton and Burnley fans are even worried at this stage? We really shouldn't be, but we could easily lose our last six games with how bad we are and end up in the shit. 

Fulham could easily lose their next 6 also if you put it like that. 9 points is a massive gap against a team whch has only won 5 games all season. Said earlier, I honestly think we don't need another point, and with Wilson and St Max back, we will add more points on top of the current total.

16 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Fulham could easily lose their next 6 also if you put it like that. 9 points is a massive gap against a team whch has only won 5 games all season. Said earlier, I honestly think we don't need another point, and with Wilson and St Max back, we will add more points on top of the current total.

I just don't see them losing to both Burnley and Saints, whereas we've already shown that we can be beaten by Shef U. Just worried we still might be in it come the last two games, even if we only need a point from two fixtures I have zero faith in Bruce to deliver it.

Again, we really should be safe now, but we are so utterly woeful that I don't think we can quite relax just yet. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

I just don't see them losing to both Burnley and Saints, whereas we've already shown that we can be beaten by Shef U. Just worried we still might be in it come the last two games, even if we only need a point from two fixtures I have zero faith in Bruce to deliver it.

Again, we really should be safe now, but we are so utterly woeful that I don't think we can quite relax just yet. 

They have to win both though (they didn't beat either earlier in the season) and put it this way on current form with Wilson and St Max back, I would say us beating Sheff United at home is more likely. I actually think we will beat Fulham also or at the very least draw. Even having the major disadvantage of Bruce, we have still won 9 and drew 8 games (including a run of over 2 months without our main striker). Fulham also struggle big time to score goals.

Can see Fulham maybe beating Southampton but not Burnley. With Fulham looking to catch Burnley I can see Burnley putting in a performance and beating them comfortably. Fulham just aren’t a good team, I thought they were decent until they lost the last four.

Their game against Arsenal later is massive because Arsenal are such choke artists, a win for Fulham there and we’re right back in it. If they lose it’s over IMO.

Edited by Decky

Arsenal generally never fail to deliver a shit performance when we need the opposite so we shall see what happens tomorrow. 

No one has an easy run. The Burnley vs Fulham game will be a big one. West brom could pass Fulham to be honest.

If Fulham lose today, its over

I always look at the glass half empty where NUFC is concerned so I dont say this lightly.

Fulham have both Man U and Chelsea away in their last 5 games after today! If they lose today and against the above they need to win the other 3, just to go level with us as things stand!

Its over!

Edited by New Beginnings

Fulham play Burnley in one of their ‘winnable’ games. It could be that even if Fulham win that, then it puts Burnley in the shit rather than us.

In all honesty I’m more concerned about their game today against Arsenal, Arsenal always like to lose against teams in the relegation zone when we need them to win.

It's a 3 for me now. It's possible we've already done enough but a win v Sheff Utd will do us. Can't see either Fulham or West Brom getting 38 points, although I've still got this irrational fear of West Brom winning 5 of their last 7, purely because of Allardyce's record of never being relegated and them coming into some form for the first time this season.

I think we’re just about safe but I’d be more worried about the Baggies than Fulham. Saying that, 11 points is a huge gap for them to overhaul at this stage and they have Leicester away on Thursday night.