Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If we can somehow get through the next set of games that look pretty tough on paper, clear of the relegation zone, I think we'll be fine, our run in isn't as tough as some. Still very tough to pick three who will drop, Swansea looked goners a couple of weeks ago, WBA too looked deep in trouble but both have picked up and have players that can save them. The three promoted teams, who for most part of the season have stayed just out of trouble could all very well end up going back down.

Guest firetotheworks

Home form is going to be our downfall.

It'll either be that that'll be our downfall, or goal difference that's our saving grace imo. We have a much better chance of staying up now with our signings though, as late as we left it.

Painful tonight like. Taking out the City results, last 7 games we're 2 wins, 3 draws from the games.

It's not incredible but at least we are picking up points.

Going to be very tight, we need some good away wins to stay up. Goal difference could be key.

Guest firetotheworks

What the fuck are Southampton doing man? No way should they still be near the bottom. Can't believe they haven't brought in a new manager yet.

What the fuck are Southampton doing man? No way should they still be near the bottom. Can't believe they haven't brought in a new manager yet.

If they do, it's about time a new manager backfires.

Allardyce, Hodgson, Carvalhal, Puel, Moyes etc. Even Lambert.

We are going down like!

Watford - 3 wins in 14

Huddersfield - 2 wins in 14

Brighton - 2 wins in 14

West Brom - 1 win in 14

Soton - 1 win in 14

NUFC - 2 wins in 14

Everybody is going down  :whistle:

Right, are people being intentionally thick in here? Nobody in the bottom half can win games, that's why we all have the same points ffs.

He's got a point like. :lol:

Suppose it's because our season just has that feeling about it, rather than the facts. Feels just like last time we went down, like watching a slow-motion train crash.

The new signings need to be really fucking good.

It does feel terrible, but how bad would this thread be if we started the season like Watford and then collapsed? Or had got to an FA cup final last season yet find ourselves in the bottom 3 like Soton?

People need to chill, yes we are shit, but so is everybody else :lol:

I'll stick on rounding up to 5. We've wasted a lot of winnable fixtures.

However, we've only conceded 9 in our last 8 games, fifth fewest in the league. Slimani and Kenedy could well be enough to get some wins, because the rest of the team is good enough for the 16/17th place trophy.

I'm at a 3. We've had 10 games where we drew or lost by a goal. In most of those we had numerous chances and couldn't put them away. If slimani can score like he did when he started at Leicester, 8 in 15 I think, we should hopefully be okay. Plus we have easily the best manager in the bottom 10.

30 points to keep you up, fucking hell man :lol:

Try it yourself, when you're doing it on a match by match basis it makes perfect sense. It's only when you look at the table that you see it's a bit dodgy. FWIW though, I do think we'll end on 34-37 points.

Truly does :lol: Every Southampton fixture my mind went "Well, they're on a poor run of form, surely can't win that one. At most a draw." and then they end up with 27 points at the end of it all :lol:

Same here :lol:

Actually tempted to stick a few quid on them to go down now, it's a sign :frantic:

cJzPO6b.jpg

It was foretold.  Pretty much everyone's predictors had them going down, I reckon it'll happen, one of them freak out of nowhere things.  Get your bets on, lads.

I'm back down to a 5. Yesterday's draw felt like a kick in the guts, that win would have been priceless, but the signings of Slimani and Kenedy should be enough to finish ahead of Brighton, Huddersfield and one other, maybe Watford.