Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

9 points from Soton, Huddersfield and West Brom at home and we are safe I think.

Good thing we win home games.

I think we just need to get two or three wins from somewhere regardless of home or away. Maybe Slimani can help with that.

We have no reliable, regular goal scorer. Hopefully Slimani will be. Ritchie was our 2nd or 3rd highest goal scorer last season but has none this season. None of the rest of our players can be relied upon to score a goal. It's a team of infrequent or non-goal scorers. Not a good recipe for staying up.

Guest alijmitchell

Any other season we would be down. As it stands I think it will be WBA, Stoke and one of us, Swansea, Brighton or Huddersfield

We won't get any points now till the 10th of March by which time we will be solid in the bottom 3.

That sounds terrible until you realise it's only 3 matches. I fancy us to get a draw from either Man Utd or Liverpool. And we owe Bournemouth a defeat.

Guest firetotheworks

Thanks for clearing that one up, Parky. If money existed, I'd say that you should put it where your mouth is. ;)

We'll be fine once Slimani comes in for Gayle.  Might as well have played with ten men today for what use he was.

This is what I worry about. A lot of people seem to have convinced themselves 'Oh it will all be fine in the end because Slimani will score the goals we need'. There's absolutely no guarantee of that at all.

What? You worry that others look optimistically at Slimani, when the alternative is Gayle andJoselu?

Christ, I thought I was glass half empty  :lol:

Call me mental, but I think we'll beat Man United.

Just logged on to post the same. I have a really strong  feeling we will beat them. Searching for justification these come to mind. (1) we are so due a bit of luck (bias aside we’ve really not had anything approaching good luck for an age); (2) they can go missing/don’t like it up them (which means first goal is crucial at SJP) ; (3) three of the last four games we have been a good striker away from a victory. Slim man 2 (Murphy 1) some Traffordian wankspalsh 1. Howay the lads!!! On the biased Sky again (Aurora studium) 3-1.

I hate to use Fat Sam as a reliable reference, but he's right that as long as your points match your games played, you should survive. We are 26 played 25 points. Brom are 26 played for 20 points. They essentially need 18 points from 12 games. Can you see them winning 6 matches? Or drawing 3 and winning 5?

I can't.

I hate to use Fat Sam as a reliable reference, but he's right that as long as your points match your games played, you should survive. We are 26 played 25 points. Brom are 26 played for 20 points. They essentially need 18 points from 12 games. Can you see them winning 6 matches? Or drawing 3 and winning 5?

I can't.

I always think along those lines. Average a point a game and it SHOULD keep you up.

I can't.

Yep, which is why as soon as our points exceeds games played I'll be confident. Basically, if we held on to win today.