Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

What you really want is beach teams.

Sunderland last time beat Everton and another team that just didn’t care.  WBA or something. 

It’s hard to predict though.

Last year you had Palace go on a great run to be safe. Then poor again once that was confirmed. 

World Cup years also complicate things, you've got players wanting to avoid injury but also players wanting to make finals squads. In general the extra motivation for relegation threatened teams sees them pick up more points towards the end and a few surprises. This place is very down right now on our chances, but personally what I have seen from recent performance has given me much more hope. Thought we played really well during 80 mins of the Burnley game and the first half against Palace, it's just getting that 2nd goal that is killing us, hopefully the new signings will help kill off games. We are creating chances, which is a good thing and a thing most relegated sides struggle greatly with. Most relegated sides also struggle to score and although we've not scored nearly enough there at least 5 teams below us in the scoring charts.

We've been a little too brittle at the back in recent games, we seem to get punished when we make a mistake and can't of course hang onto a lead to save our lives. We've got to find a different approach to games against the top six, because one point from the 4 games we've played is nowhere near enough, Spuds and Liverpool away have the potential to ruin our decent GD. Manure, Arsenal and Chelsea at home are games we can get something from if we set up correctly. But at the end of the day it's the Huddersfield, Brom and Southampton home games that'll decide our fate win all three of those and I'm positive we will stay up with the odd few points gained elsewhere.

We need to go on a winning run in my opinion. Every team down there seems to be doing it but us.

A win would be a start never mind a run of them. Southampton Huddersfield and WBA all at home but we’ve no Home form to speak of.

Stoke and Brighton drawing is great. Huge. But it's ruined by Swansea, who I really cant see dropping.

3 from us, Brighton, Stoke, Huddersfield & West Brom. Outside chance of Southampton.

I'd add Palace in there too. Tough run of games and no Zaha. They're a much worse team without him

Guest firetotheworks

If you include Brighton, you have to include Palace considering they're below Brighton, have harder fixtures, and their best player's out for a month.

West Brom, Huddersfield, Stoke, Us, Swansea, and Palace imo. I think everyone else will have enough, Southampton and Brighton included.

What you really want is beach teams.

Sunderland last time beat Everton and another team that just didn’t care.  WBA or something. 

It’s hard to predict though.

Last year you had Palace go on a great run to be safe. Then poor again once that was confirmed. 

It was Chelsea