Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

i want to analyse it but what for? this start has been as expected by all...

things will never be any different so what's the point, i looked at the crowd today on tv and there was a look of emptiness, boredom in the whole fucking club/PL .

i dunno what to say  :undecided:

We've had an insanely tough start to the season. The only sub-par result is the one against Cardiff and you can't base your fears this season on one result. I guess you can, but it would be stupid.

Disregarding games because it's against better teams is pretty silly too. Five games in a row without a win is shit no matter what. Never mind everything else going on with the club. Fearing relegation is very justified.

1 in 12 from this backend of last season to this season.  Think we're are in trouble, next few games are huge.

Aye. We don’t even look like competing in games though, which is the worry. Concede and this squad just looks resigned to losing. Need the leaders of the bunch to stand up and be counted, irrespective of the shit served up by the fat cunt.

5 but aye what does it even really matter

it matters to me for a few reasons but if nothing else rafa has given a hell of a lot to this club and city so i'd rather his final season and record be tarnished with a relegation myself, but yeah you've got a fucking point you like to make repeatedly so there's that

Just got to hope the tough start hasn't killed morale in the squad.  If we can get a win and build a little momentum then maybe get the good feeling back around the club and get on a roll.

That's why playing weakened teams in cup competitions pisses me off tbh, especially in a run like this one.  A win, even if it's against a lower league team, can bring some momentum and positivity.

I still think we will be fine. The start has been about what we expected. Yeah 1 point is obviously not good but it’s not like we’ve been destroyed in the tough games. Against lesser opposition I think we will be all right.

Just got to hope the tough start hasn't killed morale in the squad.  If we can get a win and build a little momentum then maybe get the good feeling back around the club and get on a roll.

That's why playing weakened teams in cup competitions pisses me off tbh, especially in a run like this one.  A win, even if it's against a lower league team, can bring some momentum and positivity.

We seem to be playing weakened teams every week, firstly because Rondon wasn't fit at the start of the season, yesterday because he was away on international duty midweek. Joselu has started too many games and we aren't going to win many games if that is the case. Problem for us is that our back up players are really shit.

6 of the last 7 games have been Spurs (A), Chelsea (H), Spurs (H), Chelsea (H), Man City (A), Arsenal (H). We got a point at Cardiff when we lost similar fixtures early last season (Huddersfield & Brighton away). Between now and Christmas, we've only got Man Utd from the top 6 clubs so I reckon over the next month or so we'll slowly get the points to take us up the league.

6 of the last 7 games have been Spurs (A), Chelsea (H), Spurs (H), Chelsea (H), Man City (A), Arsenal (H). We got a point at Cardiff when we lost similar fixtures early last season (Huddersfield & Brighton away). Between now and Christmas, we've only got Man Utd from the top 6 clubs so I reckon over the next month or so we'll slowly get the points to take us up the league.

This takes us to the halfway point where I think realistically we need something in the region of 20 points again, based on the assumption like last year Rafa's plan kicks in and we improve second half of the season.

Palace A LOSE

Leicester H

Manyoo A LOSE

Brighton H

Southampton A

Watford H

Bournemouth H

Burnely A

West Ham H

Everton A LOSE

Wolves H

Huddersfield A

Fulham H

Liverpool A LOSE

I reckon we've 4 guaranteed defeats there and 10 games where we can get something.  Palace not a guaranteed defeat but I think we'll lose given the mood at the moment.

I'm still at a 1. We couldnt of had a worse start and yet we're still only -4 goal difference and 1 point from safety, how do you think the other relegation candidates would fair with those fixtures? Look at the points up for grabs between now and the end of the year and focus on that. I wont judge us until I see where we are half way.

no panic just yet but it's clear we are going to be in a relegation scrap all season, 4th bottom is the aim .

i'm fine with that as its where we are and what the owner wants............you have a choice to support the owner or not, i choose not  O0

I think if we don't get at least 4 points from the next 9 then its going to be very very grim indeed. Morale will be shot we will be into mid October with only a few points and potentially playing catchup all year

We need to play our strongest 11 when fit at all times also none of this bullshit by rafa playing the likes of Hayden,Murphy,Joselu our squad is as weak as piss lets not hamper ourselves in our attempts to win games. That team he sent out on Saturday would struggle to get 10 points over the course of 38 games

Obviously it's great that the gap between us and midtable is pretty small at the moment.  A couple of wins and you are basically midtable.  It's a real shame that we've had such a tough start - if you look at Bournemouth and Watford's starts, they've got about the number of points I would hope we would have if we played the same games.

We've got a relatively kind set of fixtures in November and December, so hopefully we can get going then.