Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Huge week for us now. Need Southampton to beat Brighton this weekend to set up a massive game next Saturday. Win it and we'll be 5 points clear of Brighton going into the final games which might be too much for them to claw back.

WE don't look capable of beating anyone unfortunately. West Brom and Villa without Grealish are about as easy as it gets. We'll draw against Brighton as well, telling you now.

As shit as we are, we’ve looked capable of winning the last 3 games.

Feel like you and I have flipped now because I don't think we've looked remotely capable of winning any of the last three - which I think has been demonstrated by the fact we haven't!

Jacob Murphy came on whizzed about and fucked Villa up a bit with his pace. Other than that we were utterly dire and didn't get close to the goal until injury time.

Huge week for us now. Need Southampton to beat Brighton this weekend to set up a massive game next Saturday. Win it and we'll be 5 points clear of Brighton going into the final games which might be too much for them to claw back.

WE don't look capable of beating anyone unfortunately. West Brom and Villa without Grealish are about as easy as it gets. We'll draw against Brighton as well, telling you now.

As shit as we are, we’ve looked capable of winning the last 3 games.

To win games you have to score at least one goal.

All a bit short term. But IF we had won tonight. We would have finished the weekend with a game in hand and more than likely 4 clear of Fulham. Didn’t realise they had City tomorrow. Feels like a worse result than last week, somehow.

I think there were positive aspects to both the last relegations - the big clear out of uninterested high paid stars in 09, the Rafa rebuild in 2016. No positives this time (other than that it doesn't really hurt cos of the state of the club).

Aye, well put.

Constantly seeing people say they hope we get relegated to even hoping we crash and burn. Can’t get my head round it, more worried about stature of the club over next 10-15 years rather than having a relegation on the records just to stick it up Ashley/Bruce.

If we go down this season, can’t see us bouncing back. Even if we do, it’ll set us back another 3-5 years irrespective if Ashley leaves. At mid-worst, be up to 10 years out of Premier League, or we just never recover like Leeds did, Forest, Derby, Sheff Wed...

As s*** as we are, we’ve looked capable of winning the last 3 games.

If Brighton and Fulham get beat this weekend and we are either a point or two within their points total (+ or -) we are still in it with the return of the ASM, Wilson and Almiron.

I'm not evening looking at Fulham now tbh. They'll finish above us. Its Brighton who are our main concern. Tomorrow and next Saturday are absolutely massive. Two wins for Brighton and we're gone.

Warren Barton on TalkSPORT talking great stuff - worthwhile going back and listening to it 22:15 onwards, doubt it’ll be a Jamie O’Hara hot take or Jim White exclusive stuck on their YouTube

Players thinking From day one we need to grind out results, is that what you think of me?

One fight too many for Bruce. He feels like worlds against him, but fans just want a side to go out and be on front foot and play. Doing himself no favours.

With Bobby, taking over from Ruud, didn’t have the greatest players but he but us in best mindset. Would never go away to Southampton and think we can grind out a draw here.

Jonjo Shelvey doesn’t warrant two players around him doing running for him. He’s doing nothing on the ball to deserve that.

I'm not evening looking at Fulham now tbh. They'll finish above us. Its Brighton who are our main concern. Tomorrow and next Saturday are absolutely massive. Two wins for Brighton and we're gone.

Brighton have finished strong the last 2 seasons to scrape out of the relegation zone....fully expect us to lose to them next weekend....we’’ll need 38 points to survive...no way is Bruce going to get 10 more points from the last 10 games....I’ve already accepted relegation.

2 goals conceded in 3 is better. Defence could be key. Clean sheet at Brighton could be massive.

I would play Carroll against them as they are certainly a threat from set pieces.This is one game we cannot get beat in, yet if we did win (if Brighton get beat off Southampton) could just about seal staying up.

We’re not losing games but we have to start winning. We must beat Brighton, Burnley & Sheff Utd. Unless we pluck an unlikely win somewhere else along the way (I don’t see us being capable of beating West Ham or Arsenal), they’re the 3 biggies.

Aye, this tbh. I thought we were gone once we went 0-1 down. Still deflated af but not losing games (albeit not winning the fuckers :lol:) is not the worst habit to get into. I do think we'll need an unexpected result from the rancid fixtures left now though. Arsenal, West Ham and Leicester do tend to have brain farts v sides they should be beating.

I’d like to think Bruce has learned from last time against Brighton not to even consider Carroll. Murphy, Fraser & Gayle surely.

Hopefully Gayle through the middle from the off with Fraser and Murphy in the wings. Not Gayle out wide for an hour with Fraser through the middle like tonight.

I’d like to think Bruce has learned from last time against Brighton not to even consider Carroll. Murphy, Fraser & Gayle surely.

Surely last time was more to do with Lamptey absolutely tearing us a new one.

Carroll’s an absolute carthorse. I don’t rate Gayle but he’s the best of the evils. They play three centre-backs, seeing Carroll lumber about getting to the defender too late committing fouls will be painful. Play Murphy & Fraser out wide, they’ve got the energy to counter their wing-back system but also cause problems, use Gayle’s mobility up top.

Carroll’s an absolute carthorse. I don’t rate Gayle but he’s the best of the evils. They play three centre-backs, seeing Carroll lumber about getting to the defender too late committing fouls will be painful. Play Murphy & Fraser out wide, they’ve got the energy to counter their wing-back system but also cause problems, use Gayle’s mobility up top.

I do agree, but tbf I thought Carroll would've been useful tonight if he came on 25 minutes earlier with the amount of crosses we were putting in the box.

I think he’s more a hindrance. The amount of times you see him challenge for balls in the air these days a fraction late and he flattens the CB giving away a foul, or he’s trying to close down the outside CB or FB when they’re trying to play it forward and he gets there too late, or just his general clumsiness all round with aerial challenges, I’d sooner not have him.

Do you really think he’s going to drop Joelington? Or play Gayle up front? He hasn’t so far and I don’t think he will next week either.