Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think it's between us, Norwich, Watford and Brentford. 

I think Burnley will be there or thereabouts also and not sure about Brentford (might be wrong also), but yeah it's 3 from 4 or 5 from me. Just looked, last season at this stage we had ten more points and even then by March, we were convinced we were down after the Brighton game.

Edited by et tu brute

Just now, Ikon said:

I think the orchs of Burnley will have them grinding out results against teams that are having somewhat of a day off. Shithousery.. 

Could well be, as Dyche has a good record of just pulling them clear when the look dead and buried halfway through the season.

18 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Other teams are picking up points, if we are 6 or more points behind 17th come January, then it may well see a struggle. We are already 6 points off 16th and I can see that increasing with the run of fixtures we have between now and January. Only hope I have is that we get a manager AND COACHING STAFF, that will pick the correct team, set the correct tactics and motivate the players. 

If we are cut adrift come January, then I think we will struggle to sign the quality players required. I know going down would probably be only a temporary setback, but it would be so furstrating.

I have had some depressing moments as a NUFC fan of 36 years but being relegated as the richest club in the world, when the takeover happened with only 7 games played, would top the lot. It doesnt even bear thinking about.

Edited by Wandy

We've not been bought to win the Champions League, we're a footballing asset for the PIF, the PIF will swallow up more European football clubs over next 24 months. NUFC will fit into the footballing family and help the PIF corner European football, even if NUFC don't win a thing. A nurturing ground and feeder club. Who knows, they may even challenge UEFA's monopoly.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I have had some depressing moments as a NUFC fan of 36 years but being relegated as the richest club in the world, when the takeover happened with only 7 games played, would top the lot. It doesnt even bear thinking about.

I agree and I can add another 12 years to your total also. I can see it happening though genuinely.

5 minutes ago, WackZeeEeerz said:

We've not been bought to win the Champions League, we're a footballing asset for the PIF, the PIF will swallow up more European football clubs over next 24 months. NUFC will fit into the footballing family and help the PIF corner European football, even if NUFC don't win a thing. A nurturing ground and feeder club. Who knows, they may even challenge UEFA's monopoly.

Welcome to the forum Yasir bin Othman Al-Rumayyan

7 at the minute for me based on how poor we are more than 7 points adrift by Jan window is my guess then it's a case of do we push to stay up and spend or not. If we don't spend we go down 4 players minimum needed to get the spine replaced which won't be cheap in an ideal world only 3 of those players today should ever be on the team  sheet ever again but won't happen as its too much. 

Mountain to climb but still doable and still very much in our own hands. 

26 minutes ago, Wandy said:

How come?

Just now, The Prophet said:

How come?

Because it would have been entirely avoidable.

Also, there is no knowing how a relegation would affect the thinking of the Saudis. Add to that, God knows what shithouse new rules the PL bring into place while we are out of the league. Relegation could really ruin everything.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Because it would have been entirely avoidable.

Also, there is no knowing how a relegation would affect the thinking of the Saudis. Add to that, God knows what shithouse new rules the PL bring into place while we are out of the league. Relegation could really ruin everything.

I still think the Saudis will still be determined, as they waited nearly 2 year to get the green light. As for the league, any rule would be challenged and taken apart in court in terms of the owners. That boat sailed when they allowed the takeover to proceed. I would be frustrated as we would experience a period of two year (maybe even more) behind where we could have been.

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

a 7/8 currently for me. We are in huge trouble.

Ashley will be laughing his tits off. He's left the club in a helluva state.

But this squad won a lot of points towards the end of last season so its not as bad as some would make out.  A decent manager will get them playing on the front foot.  Jones is opting to8 defend and try to score on the break. Which to me smacks of a coach with limitations ala Bruce!!!

47 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It would be a one season set back. 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

"I would take a relegation to see the back of ashley."

"Actually, now that it's happening, I'm not that keen." 

But it didn’t take relegation to get rid of him and with the majority of the season left it would be terrible to go down.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This doesn’t make sense. 

Of course it does. When push comes to shove, some can't stomach a relegation and a fight to get promoted again, despite the claim that they would have taken that if we had rid of Ashley.

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

Can see the Saudi’s wanting shot of us if we go down. Being relegated would be an embarrassment for them.

[emoji38]

Yes, that's the way multi million pound investments work.

Caulkin said on POTT the other day that the new owners would just see relegation as an extra year to get to where they want.

It’ll be shite if we go down like, but confident that they wouldn’t want rid of the club.