Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

There's a chance Leeds and/or Watford could lose their next 3: Leeds have Leicester (h), Spurs (a), Brighton (a). Watford have Arsenal (a), West Ham (h), Leicester (a). We just need 9 points from Brentford, Norwich and Burnley. Get those 9 points and we could well be out the bottom 3. Those games are must win. 

3 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

2 points from Palace away, Chelsea home and Brighton away is a decent return in isolation, but fear we'll be cut adrift with the December run of fixtures.

Let's hope we can take advantage of the home games before then.

This is my thoughts. 

There were glimmers, albeit small glimmers, of something. Something. A proper Manager, with 2 weeks to embed his philosophy, could get us moving forward. 

Have faith.

On 04/11/2021 at 16:30, Inferior Acuña said:

4. Terrible position, but better manager and money to spend in Jan should make us less likely than 3 other clubs.

Same as before the game. Slightly more optimistic that looks like Brentford will be in the mix, counter acted by how shit we were today.

Heart says lower but looking up there are so many teams with squads that can put together a run. We are so brow beaten. The feeling of we should get 3 points from "x" team is such a distant memory. There are very few teams I have that confidence about if any.

On the flip side it's still early enough in the year to turn it round and help will arrive in January. It's a mammoth task though, not impossible but we have alot of factors to fight against. Thankfully Ashley and Bruce aren't two of them anymore.

11 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Heart says lower but looking up there are so many teams with squads that can put together a run. We are so brow beaten. The feeling of we should get 3 points from "x" team is such a distant memory. There are very few teams I have that confidence about if any.

On the flip side it's still early enough in the year to turn it round and help will arrive in January. It's a mammoth task though, not impossible but we have alot of factors to fight against. Thankfully Ashley and Bruce aren't two of them anymore.

27 games to play and 5 points behind (6 really with goal difference), is not really a mammoth task as long as we can keep to that points difference to the start of the transfer window. The next 3 home games will play a big role in that. Win those 3 and that gap will be probably be just about gone. If we are 8 or 9 points adrift come January, then it does become a mammoth task. There are still a lot of poor teams in the bottom third of the table. I’m not confident at all mind in the team or the new manager. I just pray I’m wrong and we need to get behind them to give us the best chance of staying up. 

We will know and see pretty quickly whether this squad is coachable and up for the fight. If they aren't Howe won't make a difference. I think that was the biggest worry today.  Not just the basic lack of skill or confidence, players looked like they simply didn't care in that first half. That is a worry with everything we have going potentially for us. You would think they would have a boost and spring in their step. Big couple of weeks training. 

Edited by toontownman

28 minutes ago, toontownman said:

We will know and see pretty quickly whether this squad is coachable and up for the fight. If they aren't Howe won't make a difference. I think that was the biggest worry today.  Not just the basic lack of skill or confidence, players looked like they simply didn't care in that first half. That is a worry with everything we have going potentially for us. You would think they would have a boost and spring in their step. Big couple of weeks training. 

But then they did care for the last half hour ?

I wouldnt even say they didn't care , I'd say lack of direction and talent lead to no confidence, however its basically the squad that went on the saving run last season and stayed up comfortably.

We have Brentford, Norwich and Burnley at home which needs to bring in 9points before the nasty run before the transfer window, wouldn't be surprised if Leicester or Arsenal brought a point but when it comes down to it its dependant on others, within 7 points of safety after Southampton and I'd be confident(ish).

Yeah, winning all 3 seems unlikely especially as the pressure will be huge

7 points wouldn't be too bad actually, plus maybe we get a surprise win/draw in December 

It is going to be incredibly difficult to stay up, we just need to be not too far adrift and also we need to make sure our transfers are done as early as possible. 

From middle of Jan until March those fixtures are the ones we need to target. 

7 hours ago, HTT II said:

No way this team is staying up, again that first 45 was the worse I’ve ever seen us play in all my life and that’s second half despite being better, was still fucking ugly and painful to watch.

Let’s say that’s true and the first half was as awful as suggested - yet we only went in 0-1 down thanks to a pen conceded by one of our typically clumsy defenders. And this against a team that sat in fifth place for half an hour.

There’s no denying we’re shit, but it won’t take Howe much to turn things around. So much of our problem is mental and tactical, something a decent manager will instil.

Still a 1 for me.

Just dared have a look at the table.

I would love to relegate Villa mind .

We must win v Brentford and then we are in with a sniff , Arsenal we are capable of a point but most likely lose , then Norwich and Burnley then look at the next 4 [emoji38], so vital we get 6 points from next 4 .

So realistic we could be on 12 points from half the season , I don’t need to tell you how shit that looks .I simply can’t see us getting out of this but I’m behind everything at the club , it’s no ones fault bar FCB , Bruce and the Steve’s .If we go down so be it , long long way to go 17th is the aim nothing else , it’s been the aim for 13 seasons but this one is the biggest goal .

Edited by GWN

3 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

The next 4 games are critical if we can't beat Burnley, Norwich and Brentford at home we are screwed imo the run is never going to get easier than what we have after IB

We haven’t beat anyone so to “expect “:3 wins you just know won’t happen , all 3 have looked better than us this season , we are the worst looking team in the PL , seriously this current bunch are abysmal to date , this all hinges on some quality in January and we better start this week identifying and securing them from day one of the window, not this piss farting around .

Pay over the odds? Yes , we will have to , if this lot have the cash its time to use it quickly not wait till the end of the window , plan and act .

1 minute ago, GWN said:

We haven’t beat anyone so to “expect “:3 wins you just know won’t happen , all 3 have looked better than us this season , we are the worst looking team in the PL , seriously this current bunch are abysmal to date , this all hinges on some quality in January and we better start this week identifying and securing them from day one of the window, not this piss farting around .

Pay over the odds? Yes , we will have to , if this lot have the cash its time to use it quickly not wait till the end of the window , plan and act .

Nah sorry I refuse to accept we are worse than Norwich, and Brentfords honeymoon period looks like its wearing off. Burnley are hit and miss. The fact they are all at home as well. 

We have played 8 of the the top 10 in our first 11 games we just need to beat the teams around us and get a few lucky results which is always possible with a half decent game plan which we never had under bruce

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Nah sorry I refuse to accept we are worse than Norwich, and Brentfords honeymoon period looks like its wearing off. Burnley are hit and miss. The fact they are all at home as well. 

We have played 8 of the the top 10 in our first 11 games we just need to beat the teams around us and get a few lucky results which is always possible with a half decent game plan which we never had under bruce

There will be very few who will agree we are better than Burnley Brentford and Norwich based on what we have seen so far this season .

You are being arrogant thinking we are better than all of them, we have stunk the league out . Admittedly we “should” be thinking 9 points , we “should”  be beating these teams but those teams the difference is they think they can DEFINITELY get something from our game .

Honestly we are awful and second bottom for a reason , I watched Norwich v Leeds and they looked miles ahead of us in fitness and movement.

I hope you are right mate 

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

There will be very few who will agree we are better than Burnley Brentford and Norwich based on what we have seen so far this season .

You are being arrogant thinking we are better than all of them, we have stunk the league out . Admittedly we “should” be thinking 9 points , we “should”  be beating these teams but those teams the difference is they think they can DEFINITELY get something from our game .

Honestly we are awful and second bottom for a reason , I watched Norwich v Leeds and they looked miles ahead of us in fitness and movement.

I hope you are right mate 

Not being arrogant mate maybe just pinning my hopes on howe to come in and get something out of our players. There's no excuses for the players now, change of ownership, change of manager, its down to the players to show themselves now.

Don’t see how anyone can be less than a 5 at this point. We have 5 points after a third of the season’s games played. We don’t know the effect Howe or new signings will have but it will have to be significant; we have to win the equivalent of 1 in every 3 matches from now until the end of the season to stay up.

4 hours ago, McCormick said:

A 1? :lol:

Yep, only because voting 0 is stupid and I’m not going to do fractions.

There’s no chance a decent manager with the promise of spending in January gets this team relegated.

Howe will impose a game plan, give players instructions and motivate them over the next two weeks. We’ll see them run through walls against Brentford, at which point we’re two points from safety.

I wouldn’t even worry about it, embrace how shit we are presently and accept it as part of the journey.

If anything this should make us appreciate the good times even more when they arrive. If we we’re transferring from a decent mid table team to the all conquering club we will undoubtedly become it wouldn’t be half as much fun.

Strap in it’s going to be exciting.

Edited by Whitley mag