Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

3 hours ago, Kaizero said:

According to fivethirtyeight we're 63% likely to get relegated after today, so 6.3. 

Thought people knew better than to believe Nat Silver.

Can't believe their algorithm takes Howe and a Jan transfer window into account. A Howe draw and a Bruce draw are two different animals.

Edited by gazza ladra

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Exactly how I feel! I've made peace with relegation now but I'm back in love with my club. Can't see a way out of it for us. This group isn't good enough, especially defensively and come January we'll be we'll adrfit making bringing in the quality replacements we'd require even more difficult.

I've said before we will have to go down the loan route and probably need to have relegation clauses inserted for permanent signings. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

There's no guarantees of coming straight back up. We have to stay up this season for that reason, really don't buy "it doesn't matter, we have money".

Aye. Winning the Championship takes a phenomenal effort. 

46 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I've said before we will have to go down the loan route and probably need to have relegation clauses inserted for permanent signings. 

Never been convinced loans are the way forward when battling against relegation. We go down, they go back to their parent club. No big deal for them.

Bruce has left a hell of a mess. We're as good as down now. Likelihood of 0 wins by the time we get into December and then that's a horror month regarding our fixtures. Don't see a way out of it for us really. Relegation delays the plans for a year but gives us lot who packed our season tickets in when Bruce arrived a better chance of getting them back so I'll take any positives on offer!

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't understand the lads who think we're gone like. We're five points adrift with 26 games left. Norwich one their first game today and they're back in the mix, that's all it takes.

Norwich have won their last 2

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't understand the lads who think we're gone like. We're five points adrift with 26 games left. Norwich one their first game today and they're back in the mix, that's all it takes.

We've played two thirds of the teams in this league and haven't won a single game. BTW, that final third that we havent played? Away to Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and home to Man City are four of those games. I think people have NUFC goggles on, if this was any other team we'd all be saying they're dead and buried. 

Just now, Decky said:

We've played two thirds of the teams in this league and haven't won a single game. BTW, that final third that we havent played? Away to Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and home to Man City are four of those games. I think people have NUFC goggles on, if this was any other team we'd all be saying they're dead and buried. 

We improved massively today and will continue to do so over the coming weeks. When you're a competent Premier League outfit, you can take points anywhere.

Watford just beat Man United, Palace beat Manchester City and Brighton got a draw at Liverpool in recent weeks. If we continue to improve we aren't miles away from these sides.

On top of that we still have Norwich and Burnley while Everton and Leicester look beatable at the moment. We only have to win 2-3 of these to stay in touch.

We're undoubtedly in bother, but to say we're down and out is ridiculously overdramatic. 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We improved massively today and will continue to do so over the coming weeks. When you're a competent Premier League outfit, you can take points anywhere.

Watford just beat Man United, Palace beat Manchester City and Brighton got a draw at Liverpool in recent weeks. If we continue to improve we aren't miles away from these sides.

On top of that we still have Norwich and Burnley while Everton and Leicester look beatable at the moment. We only have to win 2-3 of these to stay in touch.

We're undoubtedly in bother, but to say we're down and out is ridiculously overdramatic. 

I disagree, I think its making an assessment after 12 games. Norwich and Burnley may as well by Man City and Liverpool with the state we're in. Brentford lost four games in a row before putting three goals against us, including losing to Burnley and at home to Norwich, two teams you've earmarked as potential wins there. We're in massive shit and again, if this was any other team we'd be saying they're completely fucked. 

Edited by Decky

Just now, Decky said:

I disagree, I think its making an assessment after 12 games. Norwich and Burnley may as well by Man City and Liverpool with the state we're in. Brentford lost four games in a row before putting three goals against us, including losing to Burnley and at home to Norwich, two teams you've earmarked as potential wins there. We're in massive shit and again, if this was any other team we'd be saying they're completely fucked. 

Its difficult to make an assessment after 12 games when 8 were under Bruce and 3 under Jones. Our players have been playing well under capacity.

If it were any other team I'd be saying they're in trouble, but completely fucked? No one is at this stage, particularly if they're only five points adrift.

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In isolation that's one way of looking at it but when you consider how kind the fixture list is the coming to the conclusion that we are going down is far from outrageous 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Its difficult to make an assessment after 12 games when 8 were under Bruce and 3 under Jones. Our players have been playing well under capacity.

If it were any other team I'd be saying they're in trouble, but completely fucked? No one is at this stage, particularly if they're only five points adrift.

Fair enough but I think too many games are gone without us picking up one win. Howe may well have had just one game, but its our 12th of the season. Every game that passes increases the standard of form we need to survive. We're close to needing the form of a top 10 side for the rest of the season now and this team might struggle to meet that demand. 

26 minutes ago, Decky said:

The ace up our sleeve is the January window, but even then I don't know what kind of player would join us under these circumstances.

Even if we were somehow manage to scrape our way to 17th by Jan (which looks like the absolute very best case scenario with our fixture list), which players would join be willing to join a relegation scrap? 

The better players will always have better options, and the lesser quality players who would still be quality signings will surely always be thinking about the eventuality that they'll be replaced soon as safety is secured. 

I've gone from being quite optimistic and excited to genuinly worried that our defence will ultimately cost us. 

Edited by Thumbheed

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Just takes small margins. Norwich went 10 games and have now won 2 on the bounce... Form can quickly change.

I'd say I'm a 5/6 at the moment. 

We couldn't beat either of the teams they beat, and we shipped five goals against them as well. If anything Norwich's form makes our game against them tougher. 

I was a 10 before today, Im now a 9 - turn around in 2 weeks with Eddie has been immense.   Keep it going and the wins will come.  I think we will lose to Arsenal and then beat Norwich and Burnley.  Anything else till 1st Jan will be a bonus but I think each week the boys will get more comfortable with how Eddie wants to play!