Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

There's no guarantees of coming straight back up. We have to stay up this season for that reason, really don't buy "it doesn't matter, we have money".

There are no guarantees, but you don’t just have money, you have a shit-load of money. I buy it. We’ve already seen Man City keep on throwing money at the wall until eventually it sticks. I’m more confident in you coming straight back up than in you getting relegated in the first place, although you’re going to have to do some serious business in Jan.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Agreed 

Little to suggest otherwise. 

Fat cnut wins again. Too much damage done over too many seasons.

Have faith in Howe getting us straight up in style though.

Just knocks everything back 1 or 2 years in terms of longer term plans 

Mike Ashley’s last ‘fuck you’ to supporters? Almost ensuring relegation via employing Bruce with zero investment in the squad.

I accept going down, because it will be a chance to gut the club and rebuild. The former owners stench still lingers.

Some spectacular doomers on here. Things haven't looked this bright in years. We just put in the most entertaining performance since Rafas last game in charge against Fulham and we have a transfer window with ambitious owners coming up in a month. 

Are you guys just dooming so much in order to make the feeling of staying up even better?

I'm more confident of staying up now than I ever was with Bruce in charge up until the points where we were mathematically secure.

I don't agree we're gone....yet.

I do think the next 3 games are massively critical.

From today, I think having Dubs in we'd have won.

I also don't see many teams down there with a front three/four like us.

We just need to get the balance and look a little tighter at the back.

If we continue to get the fitness up and win 2 of the next 3 I think we're still totally in the mix. If we can keep the gap to a minimal of 3/4 points by January I think we'll be ok.

-

Keep the Faith.

We'll buy our way out of trouble in January. We have endless money. The Saudis will not want their sportswashing happening in the Championship, so we'll spend what we need to survive.

"Oooh, player X won't come if we're cut adrift". Like fuck he won't join. Wave enough money at a player and almost anyone will join.

The only possible positive from the Ashley regime is how much we can fucking spend and still not fuck with FFP. 

"Oh, but putting too many new players into a team will make them not work well together."

They're all fucking professional footballers and we'll buy a fuckload of the ones at the more talented end of the scale. If we as a team have an understandable style of play there'll be no issues, and we'll have that with Howe. Once they know the system they'll know where to kick the ball even if they've not played together with everyone for ten years before they get on a pitch.

Edited by Kaizero

4 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

We'll buy our way out of trouble in January. We have endless money. The Saudis will not want their sportswashing happening in the Championship, so we'll spend what we need to survive.

"Oooh, player X won't come if we're cut adrift". Like fuck he won't join. Wave enough money at a player and almost anyone will join.

The only possible positive from the Ashley regime is how much we can fucking spend and still not fuck with FFP. 

"Oh, but putting too many new players into a team will make them not work well together."

They're all fucking professional footballers and we'll buy a fuckload of the ones at the more talented end of the scale. If we as a team have an understandable style of play there'll be no issues, and we'll have that with Howe.

Same could have been said for our manager search but it didn't quite turn out that way.

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Same could have been said for our manager search but it didn't quite turn out that way.

Emery turned down. Anyone else? As far as I know we got our second choice. (Long term may be we lucked out. I am not disappointed so far.)

What was Bruce? Ninth? 

We are seriously on the precipice.

Get a win or preferably two in next couple games and we are still in touching distance.

We need to be there or thereabouts come January and hope we can bring in the necessary reinforcements to help us push on. I honestly don't think our first team is terrible, it's just the squad is dogshit.

Put me down for a 8, for now

19 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Some spectacular doomers on here. Things haven't looked this bright in years. We just put in the most entertaining performance since Rafas last game in charge against Fulham and we have a transfer window with ambitious owners coming up in a month. 

Are you guys just dooming so much in order to make the feeling of staying up even better?

I'm more confident of staying up now than I ever was with Bruce in charge up until the points where we were mathematically secure.

The Doom Bar’s gone off. We’ve all had a good night. Someone come and collect their da please.

22 minutes ago, Conjo said:

We have 6 points and it’s nearly December…

13 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Emery turned down. Anyone else? As far as I know we got our second choice. (Long term may be we lucked out. I am not disappointed so far.)

What was Bruce? Ninth? 

Obviously I don't know for certain, but I'd be hugely surprised if PIF hadn't sounded out other managers. Seems inconceivable that Emery and Howe were and always were number 1 and 2 target. 

Not a dig at Eddie, like, really impressed with things so far but I think it's naive to suggest this gets fixed in January solely because we're minted.

There's a lot of factors players will be considering other than just money; relegation, no CL, the manager's profile, the fact it's mid season and the summer window is only a few months away etc etc.

Players turn down pay packets literally all the time, it's naive to think it'll be different for us.

Edited by Thumbheed

I do think we'll be different. We won't get any Galaticos (good!), but we will turn the heads of a lot of of good players, better players than we gave. 

• Players looking to play in the Prem

• Players not getting minutes at the "the big six"?

• Ambitious players who want to be part of something big.

• Players looking for one kast big contract

We'll do well. Guess I'm naive/optimistic

Edited by gazza ladra

53 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

We have 6 points and it’s nearly December…

West Brom in 2004-05, Sunderland in 2013-14 and Leicester in 2014-15 all had 10 points by Christmas, was bottom of the table and stayed up. We have a better manager, better players and most likely will bring in better reinforcements in January than any of them. 

The only scraping of hope left, is that most people thought we needed minimum 7 pts from the home games against Brentford, Burnley and Norwich. We've got 1, so anything less than 2 wins in the next 2 home games, and i really don't see how anyone can keep claiming we'll be alright, thinks look bright etc.

Facts don't lie, Norwich were wrote off weeks ago and are now above us. Brentford have been poor lately and we conceded 3 to them at home. We are awful, no matter how loud the crowd is, who the owners are, or the fact that Joelinton had his best ever match including missing a great chance to win it. We aren't good enough.

2 wins in the next 2 home games, and any other points before the New Year would be a massive, massive surprise. That will put us on 12 points after 20 games, question will be how many more points Watford, Leeds, Norwich and Burnley get in their next 8 matches.

Would clearly swap our position with anyone else so am shitting it a fair amount. But this December "horror month" is a bit much. Points from Leicester, Man Utd and Everton are clearly achievable at the moment.

Not from the NUFC of the first 11 games of course, whether that's the same NUFC going forward is still to be decided but Dubs likely would have won us the game today and we can score goals. 

6 for me if pushed but still too early to call. 

2 minutes ago, loki679 said:

We really can't go down.  No guarantee the cartel will let us back up even if we win the championship.

That’s a load of bollocks mind, if they even attempted that it would be kicked out of court straight away. You can’t accept ownership and then say further down the line, no actually we won’t accept it.

1 hour ago, Karjala said:

The only scraping of hope left, is that most people thought we needed minimum 7 pts from the home games against Brentford, Burnley and Norwich. We've got 1, so anything less than 2 wins in the next 2 home games, and i really don't see how anyone can keep claiming we'll be alright, thinks look bright etc.

Facts don't lie, Norwich were wrote off weeks ago and are now above us. Brentford have been poor lately and we conceded 3 to them at home. We are awful, no matter how loud the crowd is, who the owners are, or the fact that Joelinton had his best ever match including missing a great chance to win it. We aren't good enough.

2 wins in the next 2 home games, and any other points before the New Year would be a massive, massive surprise. That will put us on 12 points after 20 games, question will be how many more points Watford, Leeds, Norwich and Burnley get in their next 8 matches.

Just hope we don't nick a point against Arsenal because 5 points is impossible from two games. I'm pretty sure that those predictions considered we'd get nowt in December. It's a bit stupid to predict the outcomes of the next 7 games. We're patently aware how awful we are, and we know why. The question is how much can we improve.

If you count the probability of getting 0 points in the games against the top 3, that leaves probably between 30 - 34 points to get from 21 games (depending on the number of points to stay up). Getting towards probably 1.5 points average per game, which whilst not impossible, is however a big ask.