Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m dreading relegation personally, we finally have the backing to have a real go and there is no guarantee of coming straight back up.

I do get the point about no Ashley or Bruce though.

As long as the club is trying to be the best it can, if relegation happens, it happens.

If we are within 6 points come January, I honestly think we will have more than a decent chance of staying up. Anything beyond that then it will be very difficult, as basically you are then at least two wins behind the other teams. I'm just hoping we can get a manager in asap, who can get the weak links out of the team (there are a few) and get the team playing with more control on the ball. Yesterday was a not a defeat so a semi-positive, but let's be honest Palace could and should have won that with a couple of goals to spare. That team selection yesterday was shocking.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

It’s imperative we don’t go down like…

Aye. Wanted to go down under Ashley because promotion/relegation winning'/losing  didn't matter anymore and I wanted it to matter by forcing him out.

Now that's happened it does and very much don't want to go down, like it should be. Even if we'd be okay its a stain on the club I don't want.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Happinesstan said:

I disagree. Keegan started from the bottom of the old Div2, and did it with honour. 

Different times…

19 hours ago, McCormick said:

Need around a point a game (at the very least) to survive. Not impossible obviously, but we’ve just been outclassed by a team that would be in and around us and are currently 4 points adrift.

Leeds will start picking up more points soon; just have to hope Burnley and Southampton  don’t pick up form. We realistically could be 6 points behind next week with a very difficult winter fixture list. I’d say we’re very much up against it.

I don’t mind them being around us but I didn’t sign up for them being in us.

Edited by Dr Venkman

We wont go down. We still have 4 very beatable opponents before January. I believe we could gain at least 10 points from that matches.

January come, buy some quality players and with good manager and coaches we could sail through to 40 points safety easily.

0 from me. 

Sorry for the opinion, dont ban me please.

Edited by aa5773

If one Joe Willock can change our fortunes last season despite Bruce;  think of what a proper manager plus many more permanent/loan quality signings can do in 2nd half of season. And we are not talking about throw of the dice type potential signings but of real quality. Many other teams will go through lean spells plus injuries etc and not all have the funds to turn things around.

Verdict ZERO chance of relegation under Consortium

Can't say 10 when there's no manager. 28 games left, 3 points to safety. 

2015/16 10 games in (relegated) we had 6 points. 

2008/09 10 games in (relegated) we had 9 points.

2018/19 10 games in (not relegated) we had 4 points. Just focus on beating or picking draws against teams around us, we'll be fine.

Just now, nbthree3 said:

Can't say 10 when there's no manager. 28 games left, 3 points to safety. 

2015/16 10 games in (relegated) we had 6 points. 

2008/09 10 games in (relegated) we had 9 points.

2018/19 10 games in (not relegated) we had 4 points. Just focus on beating or picking draws against teams around us, we'll be fine.

We'll be 6 adrift tomorrow when Leeds wallop Norwich. 

As much as we're all happy to have new owners on board, they need to stop piss farting around and get someone in ASAP. 

We're nailed on to go down with the current squad, the majority just aren't good enough. Unless we do hire a world-class manager again, or bring in lots of quality in January; it's only going one way. Hell, even bringing in better players in January might not work if we keep being this shit (see West Brom last season).