Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Last five games are Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City sandwiched in-between six pointers versus Norwich and Burnley. Let's hope the situation has improved quite a bit by then. :lol:

All three of them will potentially be on the beach by that point mind. Ideal time to play them technically.

Assuming they have nothing to play for at that point, obviously. Could do with Chelsea pulling away.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Last five games are Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City sandwiched in-between six pointers versus Norwich and Burnley. Let's hope the situation has improved quite a bit by then. :lol:

Norwich, Burnley and even Leicester are huge games. Everton away onwards to mid April we have to be picking up 8 or 9 wins.

I'm actually feeling positive we'll be ok. 

Do we look like a team certain for relegation, no imo, we've been very very unlucky even with the cabbage as manager. We'll be a lot more organised now and play with more attacking intent and desire. 

Will we strengthen in January, of course we will, this will be massive as if we bring in the right players who settle in quickly, games that we would lose with this squad we can draw and games that we would draw we can win. 

Also looking at the table we're roughly 6 points behind Southampton, Brentford, Villa, Watford and Leeds. Can we make up 6 points on any or all those teams over the remainder of this season, I think so. 

We really need more goalscorers though, especially from centre midfield. 

Edited by Scotty66

Relegation is arguably a more serious outcome than the two times we went down under Ashley, I just can’t see us doing enough and though relegation would be a killer, for me, the win is we are finally rid of Ashley and Bruce and now have new owners and a new manager, I’m confident in the next 5 + years we will be competing at the top end of the Premier League, relegation or not. I’d have snapped someone’s hands off for Ashley to be gone even if it meant we were a non league club for that to happen, before a ball was kicked this season. Hopefully we can do enough and just stay up. 

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

We are still only in November , I have Seen teams get to April time looking completely doomed and somehow putting a run together and staying up, with the money we spend in January I think we will stay up.

None of those teams have never not won a single game out of the first 12.

It's looking really grim, like. Have to start winning games, simple as that. Think we're going to have get something from Arsenal and/or one of those games in mid to late December to just keep ourselves in touching distance when kinder fixtures come up.

The thing that gives me a bit of hope is that 3 teams have survived with 10 points at Christmas so it's doable. 

If we can get to 12-15 points by Christmas then we are still very much in it. 

We have to beat both Norwich and Burnley, then hopefully a bonus win elsewhere

Nobody has ever stayed up from this position after 12 games and tbh I cant see this team being the first.

Yesterday was an improvement no doubt, the effort, passion, everything was much better and we looked dangerous going forward, but with that defence and Howes history of bad defences I cant see us having the time to get the points we need on the board.

The attack is good but its not good enough to outscore enough of the teams we have left to play.

My bet would be on us playing championship football next season, I just hope we can bounce straight back if that does happen.

Think it's that no team has failed to win in their opening 12 and then stayed up. Plenty will have been in the same position and still stayed up and although I'm guessing on this one, presumably teams have had similar points totals gained and still stayed up?