Newcastle United 3-2 West Ham United - Post-match reaction from page 17

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

Joelinton has looked useful last couple of times I've seen him. Would it be fair to say he's actually not a bad player now he's got a bit of confidence and is vaguely playing in the right position?

Meh, who knows. He was abysmal against Burnley. You get the occasional flash of him performing like a competent striker, but they're few and far between. Most of the time he's just invisible, the occasional bit of hold-up play aside. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

If we can get Willock on the pitch that will give us even more pace on the break. I'd probably try and get a quicker left WB in place of Ritchie as well but I don't think we have anyone. 

Yep, with Willock, ASM and Almiron we are setup to be a solid counter attacking team. With some semblance of the organisation that our manager doesn't afford us, that is.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Also Mark Noble is absolutely shite

I was thinking this during the game. He's played so many Premier League games that he surely must offer something that only his clubs fans can see?!

He just seems to do nothing, always :lol:

We need to keep in the right positive mindset. Even with 10 men, West Ham are still dominating possession, and they've got the better of us at set pieces. 

Hopefully we'll hit them on the break a couple of times and wrap things up.

I think if we score another, Bruce doesn't risk Wilson. And also ASM might part way for Willock. 

Andy Carroll will also be itching to get on I'm sure.

I don't think I'd risk Wilson, and I'd also protect ASM if we find another goal, I wouldn't blame Bruce if he goes down that route.

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

I was thinking this during the game. He's played so many Premier League games that he surely must offer something that only his clubs fans can see?!

He just seems to do nothing, always :lol:

Seems like their Shola in the sense that for whatever reason, successive managers seem to see something in him, he's local so courts a degree of warmth from some fans and is never going to go onto bigger and better things.

Just now, Cronky said:

We need to keep in the right positive mindset. Even with 10 men, West Ham are still dominating possession, and they've got the better of us at set pieces

Hopefully we'll hit them on the break a couple of times and wrap things up.

Have they?!

Just now, et tu brute said:

Take Shelvey off not only has he been shit, but he’s on a yellow card also

Yep. Him getting a second yellow is West Ham's only realistic chance of getting back into this game.

Just now, Cronky said:

Well, you know, attacking set pieces.

I can't recall them looking particularly dangerous from any they've taken. 

The concern has only really been how cheaply we've given them. 

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The main commentator should be impartial, but I'd be up for a heel colour commentator :lol:

You’ll have to wait until we play the mackems again for that.  Niall Quinn was the second commentator every fucking time towards the end.