Still not worthy of a thread: Chat edition

I’m with Tommy on this one.

I do wonder though if a better variant would be to stack one on top the other like a Mossberg double barrel. Lay the first frank, slather with mustard, second frank, mustard. Would require a deeper bun.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

speaking of stacking, we could also butterfly two normal dogs, put the mustard and onion in between them like a mustard and onion sandwich with hot dogs for buns, but wait, what's that? the wide bun here to cradle the whole thing

Not a traditional hot dog as such but the best pork cased in skin served within bread I've had was in an equivalent sized baguette with said sausage hole excavated and with one end sliced off and the other not and everything loaded in said space. 

Think it was Denmark but could be wrong.

Are the hot dogs in the US like bratwurst or like the things in a jar we get over here?

Also, is sausage the world food alongside pasty/dumpling. Everyone of note is at it.

17 minutes ago, thomas said:

if you enjoy the snap of the casing double dog is the superior option

And with natural casing you're looking at only about just over an inch diameter, max, because hog and sheep intestines only get so big, you know?

Edited by B-more Mag

Just now, B-more Mag said:

And with natural casing you're looking at about just over an inch diameter, max, because hog and sheep intestines only get so big, you know?

yeah I mean, is cooking/heating larger sausages a problem? I feel like you run into the issue you do with too-thick cuts of steak where it's hard to get it done correctly all the way through.

pfft. bigger sausages. "he's got a point" disgusting.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Not a traditional hot dog as such but the best pork cased in skin served within bread I've had was in an equivalent sized baguette with said sausage hole excavated and with one end sliced off and the other not and everything loaded in said space. 

Are the hot dogs in the US like bratwurst or like the things in a jar we get over here?

Also, is sausage the world food alongside pasty/dumpling. Everyone of note is at it.

Used to eat something very similar in Montreal every summer. 

his four jack russell terriers: Tiny, Lumpy, Chow and Beavis & Butt-Head

I'm sorry but you cannot name one dog 'Beavis & Butt-head'.  Needs to be either Beavis or Butt-head and get another dog for the other one if you must.

11 hours ago, Disco said:

In Sweden at least these are called 'French' hot dogs. Not haute cuisine, but the crusty exterior of the bread and the condiments sloshing about inside make for a nice mix of ingredients.

They also have 'roasted onions', which are basically fried onions dried out to a crisp. It's common to get these with any type of hot dog in Sweden.

• Rich changed the title to Still not worthy of a thread: Chat edition