Still not worthy of a thread: Chat edition

5 hours ago, OpenC said:

I guess my perspective is different to others' given my job but I struggle to understand the fascination with details of people (real or fictional) getting murdered and such. Was listening to the BBC pushing a true crime podcast, a trailer which essentially glamourised terrible people and what they'd done ("so dark", it gushed), literally minutes after a serious interview with the Met about the killer of Sarah Everard and it struck me as incongruous and entirely inappropriate that they were essentially peddling an entertainment show (though I'm sure they'd paint it as pure documentary or education) on the back of folk being murdered.

Not judging one bit, I'm sure it's more interesting if you don't spend all day every day reading shit like this professionally, but when the BBC are getting in on the act then I do find myself wondering about it.

I can see both sides as I've always had an interest in true crime since I was young, but when you're in the game, you quickly realise that the vast majority of murders are crushingly banal. Usually either groups of intoxicated lads in a house late at night where an argument about drugs or women goes too far, or domestics.

There was a Netflix doc came out last year about this case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_family_murders and I was really surprised how popular it became because there was nothing exceptional or interesting about the case at all. Absolutely bog standard (and clearly utterly horrendous) domestic murder by a guy who'd found a new girlfriend.

Oh, right :shifty:

That was the purpose of the singular 'bow', supported with an 'a', of course :huff: If I'd meant 'five with bows and arrows killed in Norway', that's what I'd have written :huff:

:shifty:

Edited by OpenC

Dunno where else to put this...

The quotation button doesn't appear in portrait mode on mobile, but does show in landscape.  I think there is an easy fix for that as it got sorted on another forum I use which has the same software.

Any chance we could change the reactions by adding a laugh option along with the thumb up?  Sometimes I find myself wanting to [emoji38] a post without quoting and posting that smiley.  Would be nice to have the karma button option for it.

@54 phone number is still on my screenshot man, get yourself in there.  Also the website, 'professionalspellscaster.com' which made me wonder whether they added the superfluous S because they thought it was right, or because professionalspellcaster.com was already taken.

Personally would have gone for professionalspellcaster.edu or .info before adding that S

Edited by OpenC

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Id prefer to be aware on which day I'm to expect the results of the Extreme Powerful Love Spell. I dont have an issue with it not being instant, but I'd like to be prepared.

:lol: could be awkward if you're at work, like

• Rich changed the title to Still not worthy of a thread: Chat edition