Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition

Smack rat who sits at the bottom of the escalators(?) at gateshead tesco begging, taxed 20 quid off the missus today.  She dropped it, taxi bloke told her, said smack rat chucked his coat over it and said she hadn't.... Then picked his coat up and bailed with it. 

I had been sent to the car as she was getting fathas day things with the bairns. Worst thing is... I seen the cunt bailing out the car park whilst sat in the car but didn't know what had happened till she got back. 

He was long gone, I'm not a violent bloke but I circled gateshead ready to stick me fuckin keys in his eyes if I spotted him. Absolute rat.  I've seen him there before and I'll be checking back. 

Just a heads up to ignore the scruffy little cunt when he asks for money, or better yet... Knee the rat in the face. 

8 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

No more parmo and chips: 'Embarrassing' posters removed after heavy criticism of promo campaign

Middlesbrough Council has taken down a number of the posters after the mayor admitted they were 'inappropriate and ill conceived'

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/no-more-parmo-chips-embarrassing-20829418

Feel for the poor office bods who came up with it and didn't have it vetoed by a senior manager. Obviously it came from a place of wanting to celebrate local distinctiveness, which is totally fair and what most Councils do at some point when it comes to marketing. But yeah it's a fine line between that and stereotyping. 

Wearing  Led Zep concert tee because I dress like an adult. Dude just asked me if I was there.

In 1972.

Anyone else dyeing their beards today, like?

My Mother, in her 80's but still got her marbles if a little reactionary, has taken to darkening my childhood now that I'm in my 50's.

Two recent ones...I said "Oh I saw xxxxx's Dad (nice bloke, lovely family) in ASDA today", She came back with "well you know he was knocking around with (her euphamism for having an affair) yyyyyyyy's mother (lovely woman, if you happened to be waiting outside for her kids to finish their tea she'd give you a bag of chips) for years" What ?!

Her "Mr suchsndsuch has died", Me "Oh thats a shame, nice bloke, dead handy wasn't he always helping out, Mr DIY", Her "A bit too handy in thumping his Mavis(sic)"

7 minutes ago, madras said:

My Mother, in her 80's but still got her marbles if a little reactionary, has taken to darkening my childhood now that I'm in my 50's.

Two recent ones...I said "Oh I saw xxxxx's Dad (nice bloke, lovely family) in ASDA today", She came back with "well you know he was knocking around with (her euphamism for having an affair) yyyyyyyy's mother (lovely woman, if you happened to be waiting outside for her kids to finish their tea she'd give you a bag of chips) for years" What ?!

Her "Mr suchsndsuch has died", Me "Oh thats a shame, nice bloke, dead handy wasn't he always helping out, Mr DIY", Her "A bit too handy in thumping his Mavis(sic)"

:dowie:

Jut had the most baffling phone call.  Wasn't a number I recognised so was ready for it to be a scam.  Picked up and just got a woman saying hello.  I said hello. She said hello.  Assumed it was just one of those recordings but then she kept asking if I could hear her, said yeah.  Silence.  Then said hello again.  Eventually asked what she wanted and she said she was returning my call as I'd just called her.  Said I hadn't.  She was adamant I had.  So I'm there with her on speaker phone looking at my outgoing calls, telling her I really hadn't phoned her.  "Oh, so you just called me by mistake, you don't actually need to speak to me?"  After a bit of me still trying to half be polite but also wondering what the fuck she wants me to say, she hung up.  At which point I noticed she had the exact some mobile number as me, minus one.  So I'm guessing there's some auto-dialler which helpfully spoofs the caller ID with a new number each time to avoid being blocked, by taking the number it's calling and adding one. Hopefully someone who has my number minus two gives her a call later demanding to know why she called them.

5 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Jut had the most baffling phone call.  Wasn't a number I recognised so was ready for it to be a scam.  Picked up and just got a woman saying hello.  I said hello. She said hello.  Assumed it was just one of those recordings but then she kept asking if I could hear her, said yeah.  Silence.  Then said hello again.  Eventually asked what she wanted and she said she was returning my call as I'd just called her.  Said I hadn't.  She was adamant I had.  So I'm there with her on speaker phone looking at my outgoing calls, telling her I really hadn't phoned her.  "Oh, so you just called me by mistake, you don't actually need to speak to me?"  After a bit of me still trying to half be polite but also wondering what the fuck she wants me to say, she hung up.  At which point I noticed she had the exact some mobile number as me, minus one.  So I'm guessing there's some auto-dialler which helpfully spoofs the caller ID with a new number each time to avoid being blocked, by taking the number it's calling and adding one. Hopefully someone who has my number minus two gives her a call later demanding to know why she called them.

It's a big thing right now with scam callers to spoof a number similar to yours. Apparently people are more likely to answer the scam call because the number will look familiar. This lass is just confused after receiving and missing one of these scam calls. 

22 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

It's a big thing right now with scam callers to spoof a number similar to yours. Apparently people are more likely to answer the scam call because the number will look familiar. This lass is just confused after receiving and missing one of these scam calls. 

I had 3 calls today all from numbers starting with the same few of mine - was an automated message when answered. Not happened before today - wonder if they've suddenly gotten a load of numbers from somewhere.

So I get two shots "covid" vaccine and now all of a sudden my mobile phone is making a loud siren-like sound I previously didn't know it could do, all at once with the rest of the country at a specific, pre-determined time. 

Next thing Samuel L Jackson rocks up near a church, there's a kick-ass woman with a bladed prosthetic and Freebird is playing in the background. Not sure I like how this is going to end. 

I was out and about in Shenzhen when they started testing their air raid sirens across the city. Was freaked out for a few minutes.

Never knew our phone networks had such capabilities. Though it wasn't too long ago that everyone in Hawaii accidently recieved a text telling them they were about to be obliterated by a nuclear bomb wasnt it? :lol: