Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United - 24/04/21

Disco

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

Don't understand anyone defending VAR. 

Literally the best part of the game is celebrating a goal and VAR completely takes that moment away. 

It’s fucking shocking, takes away so much from the game, moment and legitimate goals which Wilson’s was! 

Pleased for yous who got a kick out of that. Sounds like some cracking late drama, and satisfying to stick it to Liverpool and Klopp. Willock, man, he's been a hell of a signing tbf. 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

The ESL enabling cunts you mean?

It is VAR that means fans can be going absolutely mental at Anfield in the 93rd minute, playing back at the halfway line, and then the goal is taking away. Don't even give a fuck if it's a right decision (though of course in this case it wasn't). Anyway, we've had this discussion loads - but this is an example of why it's so bad. You'd be forever traumatized (football-wise) and effected in how you celebrate goals before the word was down from VAR by being at Anfield for that - just imagine man - imagine what the celebrations would've been.

Fuck it for today. Good on Andy Robertson. 

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Don't understand anyone defending VAR. 

Literally the best part of the game is celebrating a goal and VAR completely takes that moment away. 

VAR cuts the greedy 6 refereeing bias in half. Now they can only give the borderline decisions to Liverpool and Man U.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Pleased for yous who got a kick out of that. Sounds like some cracking late drama, and satisfying to stick it to Liverpool and Klopp. Willock, man, he's been a hell of a signing tbf. 

Usually I’m anti NUFC, and would usually want us to crash and burn, but I feel we are so close to the end of Ashley and a Championship NUFC may perhaps deny us that, that and I fucking detest LFC even more now and Bruce aside, as shit as some of our players are, I feel they are fighting the good fight and don’t deserve another relegation or another term of Ashley/Bruce. Staying up I feel will see us under new ownership next season, whether that’s with PIF or whoever...

Not withstanding, it’s fucking Liverpool, fuck the hell out of that rotten god damned abhorrent club!

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s fucking shocking, takes away so much from the game, moment and legitimate goals which Wilson’s was! 

It honestly is, just another step in making the game more and more plastic. 

Designed for people who love the result more than the game itself. 

I've missed the post game on tv, but if I understand the rules, a push in the back on someone clean through isn't just a penalty, it's a red card as well.

It's DOGSO with no genuine attempt on the ball. The no double punishment rule only applies when there is a geniune attempt on the ball. We should all know this from the Pickford incident when he was mistakenly allowed to stay on and saved the penalty, before committing various hilarious howlers.

I'm not actually against VAR, just the plonkers in charge of it.The only VAR I systematically dislike is marginal offsides.

14 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

VAR cuts the greedy 6 refereeing bias in half. Now they can only give the borderline decisions to Liverpool and Man U.

Maybe I have a more romantic view of the game than others, but football is more than the result to me.

I love that football can make you go through about 20 emotions in about 5 minutes, and I will always love that more than scraping a 1-1 draw with a team who've had a 95 minutes winner disallowed because their striker had a stray pube in an offside position. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Pretty good game I thought. We were always in the game just some sloppy defending and passing wasn't helping at all. We looked strong in injury time and got our reward. 1 loss in 8 was exactly what we needed at this stage of season.