Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

There’s a petition with over 70000 signatures on it and there’s hardly a mention in the media. It’s a disgrace, 70k voices wanting at least some recognition that the fans and the region have been treat with contempt, what do we get; more contempt.

Especially from the local journalists too. why are they not mentioning it?  Bunch of cowards the lot of them.

There’s a petition with over 70000 signatures on it and there’s hardly a mention in the media. It’s a disgrace, 70k voices wanting at least some recognition that the fans and the region have been treat with contempt, what do we get; more contempt.

Especially from the local journalists too. why are they not mentioning it?  Bunch of cowards the lot of them.

:thup:

Am I missing something but why is MBS not prepared to take the OD test? And more importantly why would he fail?

Depends on how much proof PIF have to separate themselves sufficiently from the state itself.

Can't imagine it's a strong case but you never know, PL have to decide first before they could/would take any action.

If they feel they have enough, then you can understand why they're miffed and don't feel like approaching the head of state to sit on a football clubs board  :lol:

I wish we got a say in 2003 when Abramovich was about to buy Chelsea when they were in mountains of debt with their only signing the previous year being De Lucas on loan. We might have finished top 4 in 04 and continued to grow.

Superb point O-N.

Morally yes, but legally what is there that would make him fail? There must be something that would make him legally fail otherwise I’m sure they would have him involved. If he controls the state and the state controls the PIF then he would control NUFC. Who owns the PIF? It is ok putting up all the directors but what about the owners part of the owners and directors test? All this talk but really this is the crux of it.

He wouldn’t need to sit on the board of directors of nufc but surely he needs to pass the owners and directors test.

Am I missing something but why is MBS not prepared to take the OD test? And more importantly why would he fail?

More precisely it’s the whole SA that is subject to the test. Now let’s think, how to prove that “a country” can pass all the requirements? A country? Everyone in SA?

And normally you need to disclose the details of that director in order to pass the test right? Now change this into “SA”, is that SA need to disclose all the peoples details to PL in order to pass the test?

It’s just ridiculous to put a country as a director.

More precisely it’s the whole SA that is subject to the test. Now let’s think, how to prove that “a country” can pass all the requirements? A country? Everyone in SA?

No, it’s just the owners of the PIF, the whole country doesn’t own the PIF. There will be trustees that PIF are putting forward but in reality the rulers will own the PIF.  So who is it? And why are these people not prepared to take the test.

I just don’t know why it took so long to get to that single question.

Morally yes, but legally what is there that would make him fail? There must be something that would make him legally fail otherwise I’m sure they would have him involved. If he controls the state and the state controls the PIF then he would control NUFC. Who owns the PIF? It is ok putting up all the directors but what about the owners part of the owners and directors test? All this talk but really this is the crux of it.

He wouldn’t need to sit on the board of directors of nufc but surely he needs to pass the owners and directors test.

Fair question which nobody knows I guess other than buyers/Fatboy and PL.

I thought they may want to include SA as a director(laughable to say really) so it made it far easier to fail, as I imagine there is something there which they could pin.

Or it's just PL trying to muddy the waters and make it as awkward as possible because they know they can't fail it?

We need answers!

I wish we got a say in 2003 when Abramovich was about to buy Chelsea when they were in mountains of debt with their only signing the previous year being De Lucas on loan. We might have finished top 4 in 04 and continued to grow.

Yep. This is what sticks in the craw for me- that was probably the one singular event which signalled the start of Newcastles fall from grace (although of course since then it has nearly all been self-inflicted.)

Without missing out on the top 4 in 2003/4 Robson doesn't get sacked, there's no Souness nearly bankrupting the club whilst simultaneously ruining the first team squad beyond all recognition and potentially no Mike Ashley.

IIRC nobody from Newcastle ever came out and said Chelseas takeover wasn't fair or immoral, we just got on with trying (badly) to complete. So why should other clubs get the chance to whinge on and influence matters when we're in a similar position?

And normally you need to disclose the details of that director in order to pass the test right? Now change this into “SA”, is that SA need to disclose all the peoples details to PL in order to pass the test?

however when that country would have an 80% stake in a club and it would have no influence at all on the running of the club? I find that difficult to believe so lord knows what the premier league think on it.

Yep. This is what sticks in the craw for me- that was probably the one singular event which signalled the start of Newcastles fall from grace (although of course since then it has nearly all been self-inflicted.)

Without missing out on the top 4 in 2003/4 Robson doesn't get sacked, there's no Souness nearly bankrupting the club whilst simultaneously ruining the first team squad beyond all recognition and potentially no Mike Ashley.

IIRC nobody from Newcastle ever came out and said Chelseas takeover wasn't fair or immoral, we just got on with trying (badly) to complete. So why should other clubs get the chance to whinge on and influence matters when we're in a similar position?

Or if we had a say in the current Liverpool owners taking over and seemingly rescuing them from potential administration.

No, it’s just the owners of the PIF, the whole country doesn’t own the PIF. There will be trustees that PIF are putting forward but in reality the rulers will own the PIF.  So who is it? And why are these people not prepared to take the test.

Staveley said PL request to put SA as the director, not just the owner of the PIF. That means SA is subject to the test. You got it wrong

Sorry for the source, but Gao Jisheng originally had his bid to buy Southampton blocked. Says they launched a legal case against the Premier League.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3422978/premier-league-blocked-gao-jisheng-200m-southampton/

4 months later he was new owner of Southampton.

Can’t find any other sources for this story. I know there were issues early on but I thought that was before it went to the PL?

however when that country would have an 80% stake in a club and it would have no influence at all on the running of the club? I find that difficult to believe so lord knows what the premier league think on it.

Even if that’s the case I think you should at least identify the individual who has the influence on the club but not the country. Say you can put BSA or even his relatives who got the power etc. Not the country.

I remember someone said PIF already agreed to gave all personal details of people under PIF to PL in exchange of dropping this ridiculous requirement. Surely this would also includes BSA.

Staveley said PL request to put SA as the director, not just the owner of the PIF. That means SA is subject to the test. You got it wrong

Staveley is talking bullshit there though. That’s not possible. She means the government not the whole of SA. That would be an easy win for Staveley if that is indeed what they said, which they wouldn’t of said. The directors of the PIF are not the controllers, the SA public are not the controllers. Who pulls the strings?

Staveley is talking bullshit there though. That’s not possible. She means the government not the whole of SA. That would be and easy win if that is indeed what they said, which they wouldn’t. The directors of the PIF are not the controllers, the SA public are not the controllers. Who pulls the strings?

They’ve maintained all along that PIF are a separate entity. As soon as others are brought in to the test it goes against that stance.

However, the PL are not in a position to decide who is classed a director or not.

Sorry for the source, but Gao Jisheng originally had his bid to buy Southampton blocked. Says they launched a legal case against the Premier League.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3422978/premier-league-blocked-gao-jisheng-200m-southampton/

4 months later he was new owner of Southampton.

One thing I don't get - and would have been the first thing I'd have asked Staveley if I'd had the privilege of speaking with her - is if there's a legitimate claim regarding the PL abusing their processes and/or buckling to pressures external from the O&D Test, why aren't their lawyers all over it? Why must the fans go into bat?

Does the fact they haven't actually made a decision remove the possibility of a legal challenge?

Staveley is talking bullshit there though. That’s not possible. She means the government not the whole of SA. That would be and easy win if that is indeed what they said, which they wouldn’t. The directors of the PIF are not the controllers, the SA public are not the controllers. Who pulls the strings?

They’ve maintained all along that PIF are a separate entity. As soon as others are brought in to the test it goes against that stance.

However, the PL are not in a position to decide who is classed a director or not.

Nope they are not but the test is owners and directors. They have an obligation to identify the owners. Very complicated as everything will be in trust for the good of SA as a whole, but, someone will be the ultimate decision maker. If the PL are not convinced by what they are being told and PIF are not putting forward the names of the controlling party then it’s stalemate. This won’t go through unless MBS takes the test or the whole deal is restructured. I believe they had reassurance that the current structure would be good enough but incorrectly so.

Staveley is talking bullshit there though. That’s not possible. She means the government not the whole of SA. That would be an easy win for Staveley if that is indeed what they said, which they wouldn’t of said. The directors of the PIF are not the controllers, the SA public are not the controllers. Who pulls the strings?

How do you know she is bullshitting? Now all parties involved say this is the case (Staveley Ashley Reuben) and PL is silenced. Unless PL makes a statement and explained what happened and why they did not make any decisions for 4 months how do you know Staveley is bullshiting?

Yea that’s why it is fucking ridiculous that SA is the director. And I can tell you even if it’s SA government it’s also idiotic. So ALL SA gov individuals need to disclose details and subject to checking? Instead of those who really got the power? So say a street cleaner employed by the SA gov also need to be tested? Are you for real?