Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Sky sports totally ignoring this aren't they, regurgitating the same old shite hour after hour with nothing new.

Stinks a bit that

They live for the big 6 versus the also rans narrative, our takeover is a threat to it.

Didn't one of the Sky Sports guys reply to a tweet yesterday saying they are going to do a bit on this later today or this week?

Aye Downie said yesterday they'll be covering the petition in the next 48 hours but he's currently on a few days leave.

Like noone else can report it  :hmm:

A decent effort this:

It really isn't. It's riddled with errors, inaccuracies and unsubstantiated hearsay.

For a start there is no "Appendix 3" to the Owners' and Directors' test (Appendix 3 of the PL handbook actually relates to camera positions) and the test clearly allows consideration of more than the "applicants' financial standing".

Guest neesy111

Are the PL an entirely private company? I wonder whether there’s any actual legal requirement for them to apply the test consistently or to answer to anyone except the member clubs.

Basically, can they do anything they want?

The test is only for the PL, at least the PL have a test unlike many european leagues.

Are the PL an entirely private company? I wonder whether there’s any actual legal requirement for them to apply the test consistently or to answer to anyone except the member clubs.

The test is only for the PL, at least the PL have a test unlike many european leagues.

PIF should just buy us regardless of PL approval, then apply to join one of those European leagues instead.

PIF should just buy us regardless of PL approval, then apply to join one of those European leagues instead.

The Scots would welcome us with open arms.

No, they would be at risk of having litigation brought against them for the financial damage caused if they don't have a sound legal basis for their actions (or lack of action).

What annoys me is that the test is nonsense if the scope of it can be changed at will, yet not applied retrospectively.

How can they entertain lobbying from competitor clubs for our takeover when there was no such pressure on the likes of Man City and Chelsea when theirs went through?